Jun 24, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Brett Brown is suddenly a very popular man.
He interviewed with the Nuggets, and if that didn’t work out, he appeared in line to become Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant in San Antonio with Mike Budenholzer headed to the Hawks.
Now, Brown has yet another suitor. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
the Philadelphia 76ers have sought and received permission to discuss their coaching opening with Brown, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
If the 76ers really want Brown, they might have to act faster than planned. Wojnarowski:
The Nuggets are expected to offer their coaching job before Thursday’s NBA draft, choosing from a pool that includes Brown,Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw, former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins, former Los Angeles Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro and Nuggets assistant Melvin Hunt.
I would be very surprised if Brown turns down an offer to coach the Nuggets, even if prefers the 76ers for whatever reason, just to have a chance to land the Philadelphia job. Of course, there’s no guarantee Denver offers him the job, but it’s just a factor the 76ers should mindful of if their interview with Brown goes well.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 35
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70