Jun 24, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Brett Brown is suddenly a very popular man.
He interviewed with the Nuggets, and if that didn’t work out, he appeared in line to become Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant in San Antonio with Mike Budenholzer headed to the Hawks.
Now, Brown has yet another suitor. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
the Philadelphia 76ers have sought and received permission to discuss their coaching opening with Brown, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
If the 76ers really want Brown, they might have to act faster than planned. Wojnarowski:
The Nuggets are expected to offer their coaching job before Thursday’s NBA draft, choosing from a pool that includes Brown,Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw, former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins, former Los Angeles Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro and Nuggets assistant Melvin Hunt.
I would be very surprised if Brown turns down an offer to coach the Nuggets, even if prefers the 76ers for whatever reason, just to have a chance to land the Philadelphia job. Of course, there’s no guarantee Denver offers him the job, but it’s just a factor the 76ers should mindful of if their interview with Brown goes well.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 0
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31