Jun 24, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Brett Brown is suddenly a very popular man.
He interviewed with the Nuggets, and if that didn’t work out, he appeared in line to become Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant in San Antonio with Mike Budenholzer headed to the Hawks.
Now, Brown has yet another suitor. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
the Philadelphia 76ers have sought and received permission to discuss their coaching opening with Brown, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
If the 76ers really want Brown, they might have to act faster than planned. Wojnarowski:
The Nuggets are expected to offer their coaching job before Thursday’s NBA draft, choosing from a pool that includes Brown,Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw, former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins, former Los Angeles Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro and Nuggets assistant Melvin Hunt.
I would be very surprised if Brown turns down an offer to coach the Nuggets, even if prefers the 76ers for whatever reason, just to have a chance to land the Philadelphia job. Of course, there’s no guarantee Denver offers him the job, but it’s just a factor the 76ers should mindful of if their interview with Brown goes well.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50