Jun 24, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Brett Brown is suddenly a very popular man.
He interviewed with the Nuggets, and if that didn’t work out, he appeared in line to become Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant in San Antonio with Mike Budenholzer headed to the Hawks.
Now, Brown has yet another suitor. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:
the Philadelphia 76ers have sought and received permission to discuss their coaching opening with Brown, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
If the 76ers really want Brown, they might have to act faster than planned. Wojnarowski:
The Nuggets are expected to offer their coaching job before Thursday’s NBA draft, choosing from a pool that includes Brown,Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw, former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins, former Los Angeles Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro and Nuggets assistant Melvin Hunt.
I would be very surprised if Brown turns down an offer to coach the Nuggets, even if prefers the 76ers for whatever reason, just to have a chance to land the Philadelphia job. Of course, there’s no guarantee Denver offers him the job, but it’s just a factor the 76ers should mindful of if their interview with Brown goes well.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 0
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 8
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4