Jun 23, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After the Heat won their second straight NBA title, there were at least a few fans who decided to celebrate by shooting guns into the air.
Unfortunately, those bullets always land somewhere. And in this case, one of them came through a window and hit a teenage boy in the head.
From the Associated Press:
Fifteen-year-old Brandon Reid says he was watching Miami Heat basketball players celebrate their world championship Thursday when a bullet came through his mother’s sliding glass door and grazed his skull under the ear.
Reid told reporters Saturday that it felt like a rock hit him.
Police say they think the bullet came from celebratory gunfire prompted by the Heat’s win. South Florida authorities routinely warn people about the dangers of firing into the air to celebrate holidays or other occasions.
Area police stated that they had received calls of shots being fired in the area, and that based on the bullet’s trajectory, the person hit wasn’t targeted specifically.
Thankfully, Reid is going to be OK. But looking at the scar from where he was hit, it’s a scary story resulting from extremely stupid behavior nonetheless.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 2
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 20
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38