Jun 23, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After the Heat won their second straight NBA title, there were at least a few fans who decided to celebrate by shooting guns into the air.
Unfortunately, those bullets always land somewhere. And in this case, one of them came through a window and hit a teenage boy in the head.
From the Associated Press:
Fifteen-year-old Brandon Reid says he was watching Miami Heat basketball players celebrate their world championship Thursday when a bullet came through his mother’s sliding glass door and grazed his skull under the ear.
Reid told reporters Saturday that it felt like a rock hit him.
Police say they think the bullet came from celebratory gunfire prompted by the Heat’s win. South Florida authorities routinely warn people about the dangers of firing into the air to celebrate holidays or other occasions.
Area police stated that they had received calls of shots being fired in the area, and that based on the bullet’s trajectory, the person hit wasn’t targeted specifically.
Thankfully, Reid is going to be OK. But looking at the scar from where he was hit, it’s a scary story resulting from extremely stupid behavior nonetheless.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 1
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 19
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 10
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 8