Jun 23, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After the Heat won their second straight NBA title, there were at least a few fans who decided to celebrate by shooting guns into the air.
Unfortunately, those bullets always land somewhere. And in this case, one of them came through a window and hit a teenage boy in the head.
From the Associated Press:
Fifteen-year-old Brandon Reid says he was watching Miami Heat basketball players celebrate their world championship Thursday when a bullet came through his mother’s sliding glass door and grazed his skull under the ear.
Reid told reporters Saturday that it felt like a rock hit him.
Police say they think the bullet came from celebratory gunfire prompted by the Heat’s win. South Florida authorities routinely warn people about the dangers of firing into the air to celebrate holidays or other occasions.
Area police stated that they had received calls of shots being fired in the area, and that based on the bullet’s trajectory, the person hit wasn’t targeted specifically.
Thankfully, Reid is going to be OK. But looking at the scar from where he was hit, it’s a scary story resulting from extremely stupid behavior nonetheless.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23