Jun 22, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Charlie Bright, as explained by Royce Young of Daily Thunder, took Rachel Haycraft on their first date to a Thunder game. So, when he later decided to propose, he wanted to incorporate the Thunder.
“I thought a really cool way to combine the two would be for Russell, or somebody on the team to ask her on Twitter or something to propose,” Charlie said. “So I messaged him on Facebook earlier in the week and just made in bold print the words “marriage proposal” because I’m sure he gets a lot of messages I wanted it to jump out.“The first words of the message were something like ‘I know this is a long shot and probably won’t work, but if you’re interested…’ Honestly I didn’t think it was going to work,” he said.A few days went by and Charlie didn’t hear back from Russ. He was going to start putting together Plan B, but then a message showed up in his inbox.“I think his reply was literally like five words like ‘I’m down, what’s the plan?’ Charlie said.
Here were the results of the plan:
And the retweet:
That was very cool of Russell Westbrook to help a Thunder fan like that. It was also very smart of Haycraft’s fiancé. With her favorite player involved in the proposal and making a convincing argument on behalf of Bright – #Whynot – how could she say no?
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22