Jun 22, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Charlie Bright, as explained by Royce Young of Daily Thunder, took Rachel Haycraft on their first date to a Thunder game. So, when he later decided to propose, he wanted to incorporate the Thunder.
“I thought a really cool way to combine the two would be for Russell, or somebody on the team to ask her on Twitter or something to propose,” Charlie said. “So I messaged him on Facebook earlier in the week and just made in bold print the words “marriage proposal” because I’m sure he gets a lot of messages I wanted it to jump out.“The first words of the message were something like ‘I know this is a long shot and probably won’t work, but if you’re interested…’ Honestly I didn’t think it was going to work,” he said.A few days went by and Charlie didn’t hear back from Russ. He was going to start putting together Plan B, but then a message showed up in his inbox.“I think his reply was literally like five words like ‘I’m down, what’s the plan?’ Charlie said.
Here were the results of the plan:
And the retweet:
That was very cool of Russell Westbrook to help a Thunder fan like that. It was also very smart of Haycraft’s fiancé. With her favorite player involved in the proposal and making a convincing argument on behalf of Bright – #Whynot – how could she say no?
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)