Jun 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Most reports have said Doc Rivers might not want to return to the Celtics because he’s wary of rebuilding, but is there another factor?
A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo droopped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.
If this report is true, it puts a whole new spin on Rondo’s I’m-not-easy-to-coach comments.
But before passing judgment on the Rondo-Rivers relationship, much more context is needed.
- When did this happen?
- Whose perception of the incident is this?
- How rare these altercations between people in such a competitive environment?
- How did Rondo and Rivers respond afterward?
Until some of those questions are answered, it’s difficult to discern how meaningful this report is.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 8
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7