Jun 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Most reports have said Doc Rivers might not want to return to the Celtics because he’s wary of rebuilding, but is there another factor?
A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo droopped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.
If this report is true, it puts a whole new spin on Rondo’s I’m-not-easy-to-coach comments.
But before passing judgment on the Rondo-Rivers relationship, much more context is needed.
- When did this happen?
- Whose perception of the incident is this?
- How rare these altercations between people in such a competitive environment?
- How did Rondo and Rivers respond afterward?
Until some of those questions are answered, it’s difficult to discern how meaningful this report is.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 25
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19