Jun 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Most reports have said Doc Rivers might not want to return to the Celtics because he’s wary of rebuilding, but is there another factor?
A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo droopped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.
If this report is true, it puts a whole new spin on Rondo’s I’m-not-easy-to-coach comments.
But before passing judgment on the Rondo-Rivers relationship, much more context is needed.
- When did this happen?
- Whose perception of the incident is this?
- How rare these altercations between people in such a competitive environment?
- How did Rondo and Rivers respond afterward?
Until some of those questions are answered, it’s difficult to discern how meaningful this report is.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 0
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 2
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9