Jun 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Most reports have said Doc Rivers might not want to return to the Celtics because he’s wary of rebuilding, but is there another factor?
A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo droopped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.
If this report is true, it puts a whole new spin on Rondo’s I’m-not-easy-to-coach comments.
But before passing judgment on the Rondo-Rivers relationship, much more context is needed.
- When did this happen?
- Whose perception of the incident is this?
- How rare these altercations between people in such a competitive environment?
- How did Rondo and Rivers respond afterward?
Until some of those questions are answered, it’s difficult to discern how meaningful this report is.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13