Jun 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Most reports have said Doc Rivers might not want to return to the Celtics because he’s wary of rebuilding, but is there another factor?
A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo droopped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.
If this report is true, it puts a whole new spin on Rondo’s I’m-not-easy-to-coach comments.
But before passing judgment on the Rondo-Rivers relationship, much more context is needed.
- When did this happen?
- Whose perception of the incident is this?
- How rare these altercations between people in such a competitive environment?
- How did Rondo and Rivers respond afterward?
Until some of those questions are answered, it’s difficult to discern how meaningful this report is.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 5
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 40
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 37