Jun 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Fletcher Mackel of WDSU TV:
Without know what draft pick the Pelicans send back to Dallas, it’s impossible to evaluate which team would get the better end of this trade. But I’d think Marion has negative value in this deal. In other words, Dallas should send the Pelicans a sweetener just to take Marion, meaning the pick New Orleans gives the Mavericks should be less valuable than the No. 13 pick.
The Pelicans also have the No. 6 pick, and if they are targeting Adetokunbo, that doesn’t really say much about what they’ll do at No. 6. Adetokunbo is a small forward, but a versatile one with point guard-like skills. So, New Orleans could go a variety of ways at No. 6 and then slide in Adetokunbo however he fits best.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 32
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6