Jun 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Fletcher Mackel of WDSU TV:
Without know what draft pick the Pelicans send back to Dallas, it’s impossible to evaluate which team would get the better end of this trade. But I’d think Marion has negative value in this deal. In other words, Dallas should send the Pelicans a sweetener just to take Marion, meaning the pick New Orleans gives the Mavericks should be less valuable than the No. 13 pick.
The Pelicans also have the No. 6 pick, and if they are targeting Adetokunbo, that doesn’t really say much about what they’ll do at No. 6. Adetokunbo is a small forward, but a versatile one with point guard-like skills. So, New Orleans could go a variety of ways at No. 6 and then slide in Adetokunbo however he fits best.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15