Jun 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Fletcher Mackel of WDSU TV:
Without know what draft pick the Pelicans send back to Dallas, it’s impossible to evaluate which team would get the better end of this trade. But I’d think Marion has negative value in this deal. In other words, Dallas should send the Pelicans a sweetener just to take Marion, meaning the pick New Orleans gives the Mavericks should be less valuable than the No. 13 pick.
The Pelicans also have the No. 6 pick, and if they are targeting Adetokunbo, that doesn’t really say much about what they’ll do at No. 6. Adetokunbo is a small forward, but a versatile one with point guard-like skills. So, New Orleans could go a variety of ways at No. 6 and then slide in Adetokunbo however he fits best.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15