Jun 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Fletcher Mackel of WDSU TV:
Without know what draft pick the Pelicans send back to Dallas, it’s impossible to evaluate which team would get the better end of this trade. But I’d think Marion has negative value in this deal. In other words, Dallas should send the Pelicans a sweetener just to take Marion, meaning the pick New Orleans gives the Mavericks should be less valuable than the No. 13 pick.
The Pelicans also have the No. 6 pick, and if they are targeting Adetokunbo, that doesn’t really say much about what they’ll do at No. 6. Adetokunbo is a small forward, but a versatile one with point guard-like skills. So, New Orleans could go a variety of ways at No. 6 and then slide in Adetokunbo however he fits best.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 21
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 37
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 56
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28