Jun 22, 2013, 1:44 AM EDT
Warren Buffett often calls me after I really nail a blog post….
Nike had a LeBron James ad ready to go if he won a title (and another Finals MVP), as if you expected anything less. While he’s a long way behind MJ LeBron sells more shoes for Nike than any other active player (yes, more than Kobe Bryant). When you sell that many shoes this kind of ad is an expected part of the package.
This is a clever ad with a number of celebrities — Spike Lee, Warren Buffet, Drake and others — offering congratulations to LeBron on the title. On an old-school answering machine. No doubt that’s exactly what LeBron has in his house.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21