Jun 22, 2013, 1:44 AM EST
Warren Buffett often calls me after I really nail a blog post….
Nike had a LeBron James ad ready to go if he won a title (and another Finals MVP), as if you expected anything less. While he’s a long way behind MJ LeBron sells more shoes for Nike than any other active player (yes, more than Kobe Bryant). When you sell that many shoes this kind of ad is an expected part of the package.
This is a clever ad with a number of celebrities — Spike Lee, Warren Buffet, Drake and others — offering congratulations to LeBron on the title. On an old-school answering machine. No doubt that’s exactly what LeBron has in his house.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18