Skip to content

LeBron gets congratulations calls from celebs in Nike ad (VIDEO)

Jun 22, 2013, 1:44 AM EDT

Warren Buffett often calls me after I really nail a blog post….

Nike had a LeBron James ad ready to go if he won a title (and another Finals MVP), as if you expected anything less.  While he’s a long way behind MJ LeBron sells more shoes for Nike than any other active player (yes, more than Kobe Bryant). When you sell that many shoes this kind of ad is an expected part of the package.

This is a clever ad with a number of celebrities — Spike Lee, Warren Buffet, Drake and others — offering congratulations to LeBron on the title. On an old-school answering machine. No doubt that’s exactly what LeBron has in his house.

  1. balfe13 - Jun 22, 2013 at 4:31 AM

    …”Those are the kind of guys this kind of ad is expected.”
    …fail. Maybe if you spent less time coming up with these horrible attempts at “humor” and more time proofreading, you’d get that call from Buffet for “nailing” a blog post. But probably not.

    • fanofevilempire - Jun 22, 2013 at 7:19 AM

      Kurt, wtf is wrong with you guys over there, you’re better then this man!

    • elcapitanfiscal - Jun 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM

      Don’t insult then, you will feet your comment deleted like mine do sometimes

      • elcapitanfiscal - Jun 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM


  2. 1972wasalongtimeago - Jun 22, 2013 at 7:24 AM

    Did Dan Gilbert leave a message?

  3. coryfor3 - Jun 22, 2013 at 8:17 AM

    These are the articles this kind of comment is expected.

  4. jimeejohnson - Jun 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM

    Listen to the complaints from barely literate bloggers!

  5. genvarsh - Jun 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM

    lafraud is nothing more then a cheater show of and arragant michael jordan wannabe. michael jordan won all titles by himself with support of good players. lafraud barely won 2 titles with 2 more superstars on the same team. got real lucky against san antonio. so i would never congratulate him by winning both titles by being a cheater! next year lafraud, you are going down like a titanic!

    • whoopteedo - Jun 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

      Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman may take issue with you, GENVARSH. Pippen was there with Jordan for six championships and been inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. Rodman was there for five of those championships, winning Defensive First Team honors seven years in a row because he averaged the highest rebound stats those seven years. James left Cleveland because he had no support because, as Jordon and Dr. J and their coaches learned early on, even an exceptionally gifted player cannot operate an offense and defense for 3 hours alone.

  6. losanginsight - Jun 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM

    Nike should make an ad to thank D Rose,Deng,Rondo,and Granger.

    • kinggw - Jun 22, 2013 at 7:04 PM

      Yeah, its not like the Heat beat the Bulls or Pacers when those guys were around. When those guys are healthy next year, im sure there will be another excuse.

    • beecoil - Jun 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM

      if D Rose was playing, Robinson would’ve played less and the result would’ve been the same, as goes for those other players..Granger being the series changer? come on now!….You haters are ridiculous.. Still holding a grudge because of the decision, yet a lot of people don’t know the amount of money raised from that event was donated to charity. 95% of NBA players hype themselves up as if their God’s gift to the NBA.. Only a fraction of a percent can walk the walk… Who are those people? James and Wade… The other humble 5%? The Spurs who publicly recognized James’ gift and admitted the Heat and James were just too strong and talented. Let go of your hate!

    • mydoghasfleez - Jun 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM

      Why thank a pansy (Rose) & a d-bag (Rondo)?

  7. golfrangeman - Jun 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM

    And how did he cheat? Moron!!

Leave Comment

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!

Top 10 NBA Player Searches
  1. D. Rose (2323)
  2. K. Irving (1896)
  3. A. Davis (1715)
  4. L. James (1570)
  5. K. Durant (1530)
  1. K. Bryant (1506)
  2. R. Rubio (1327)
  3. T. Thompson (1317)
  4. A. Aminu (1306)
  5. M. Leonard (1271)