Jun 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Gabriel Union, pretty much every Miami celebrity you can name was celebrating the Heat’s second championship at Story Nightclub after the game Thursday. They even let Drake in. (I don’t know why either, but they did.)
But not Shane Battier, he and some friends went to… Denny’s?
— Shane Battier (@ShaneBattier) June 21, 2013
Because nothing says “I just got a $2 million playoff share bonus” like Moons Over My Hammy.
There may be classier places to eat in Miami, but even Denny’s tastes better than a turd sandwich, so to Battier it was probably felt like Il Gabbiano. Actually, I think after you drop six three pointers in Game 7 of the Finals everything tastes good for a few days.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10