Shane Battier celebrated Heat’s NBA championship at… Denny’s?

Jun 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT

From @ShaneBattier on twitter From @ShaneBattier on twitter

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Gabriel Union, pretty much every Miami celebrity you can name was celebrating the Heat’s second championship at Story Nightclub after the game Thursday. They even let Drake in. (I don’t know why either, but they did.)

But not Shane Battier, he and some friends went to… Denny’s?

Yes. Denny’s.

Because nothing says “I just got a $2 million playoff share bonus” like Moons Over My Hammy.

There may be classier places to eat in Miami, but even Denny’s tastes better than a turd sandwich, so to Battier it was probably felt like Il Gabbiano. Actually, I think after you drop six three pointers in Game 7 of the Finals everything tastes good for a few days.

1. dolphindubs - Jun 21, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Dont know which is funnier…him celebrating at Denny’s or his twitter profile pic!

• WatchThis - Jun 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I like this guy more and more after every quote and article.

• fanofevilempire - Jun 22, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I don’t have his money and I don’t eat at Denny’s, I hope Shane never returns…………….

classy guy, you have to like when guys like him are part of a championship team………

These guys are going to partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

• hehateme2 - Jun 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM

He should have been wearing the horse head…

2. eaglessuperfan - Jun 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Why do I get the feeling he is the only one of them that won’t be broke five years after he is done playing from this article.

• sovereignfree - Jun 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Dumbest nonsense you ever wrote… LBJ hangs with Buffet and Wade has a world over empire… Bosh is very smart with money and lives a modest lifestyle in the world of superstars… Ray is Ray and there has never been anything ever about any one on the team blowing money… Matter of fact Wade gets quarter million dollar cars given to him by a dealer down here, every one of his birthdays. Check your facts and grow up some to do your own research instead of being a led sheeple by this media that only angle is to give isolated fools like you a jaded picture of African Americans and the idea of some type of supremacy to other groups. Or maybe I shouldn’t give you the benefit of the doubt and you’re nothing but a clandestine bigot.

• badintent - Jun 22, 2013 at 3:26 AM

No. Wade declare bankruptcy in 4 different companies(mostly due to real estate investments) in 2009.LBJ does not hang with Warren, does some photo ops, but is not at Warren ‘s private meetings with the 50 richest dudes every year. Warren did tell him to go hard after the Asian market (ala Kobe).Bosh was too cheap ( stupid?) to have a working home alarm system so he got ripped off for over $300K in freaking jewelry. chains city I suspect. so stop playing the race card, it’s so plastic.
        wade has to insure the free car, and I suspect that car will end up like Jose Cancesco’s Ferrari did. repossed.
        For the record , the White dominated NHL has over half of it’s ex-players broke by 5 years after playing their last season. So stupidity is color blind. Happy now ?

• eaglessuperfan - Jun 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Why did u bring race into it? Pro athletes go broke doing what the other videos showed. Why are you attacking me? There are just as many broke athletes of other races. Total lack of class

• kinggw - Jun 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I don’t think Wade has ever gone bankrupt. There is a big difference between him going bankrupt and a company he invested in going bankrupt. Wade is one of the most financially savvy athletes around. That’s why he left Jordan Brand to to ink a deal with Chinese shoe company for 10 years. He gets paid $10M annually and gets equity in the company.

As far as Bosh’s jewelry being stolen, im sure most of it was insured and if it wasnt, what’s $300k to someone whose is making almost $20M a year. Most athletes these days have learned lessons from their predecessors. There will still be stories of athletes blowing huge fortunes, I doubt you’ll hear any stories about the aforementioned Heat players going broke.

3. JHathwell - Jun 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM

“police were summoned to the scene after a frantic 911 call reported a 6’8, seemingly intoxicated man stumbling around the restaraunt, falling down at the slightest provocation. Battier explained to the arriving officers that he was ‘still in character’.”

4. elcapitanfiscal - Jun 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

So awesome.

Family first

5. jzone954 - Jun 21, 2013 at 9:45 PM

This is AWESOME. Funny but appreciative as well. Something I would totally do….

6. daddyghi - Jun 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM

i would have been starving too after a game like that… eat first before i drink my self till thy kingdom come…

7. logisticalvoices - Jun 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Moons Over My Hammy?

8. Gordon - Jun 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Decked out in a tie, no less.

9. 13arod - Jun 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Good player and good person hopefully doesn’t retire and returns to hear

10. jda247 - Jun 22, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Lame Ass

11. 00maltliquor - Jun 22, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Keepin’ it real! Go Shane!

12. rushbacker - Jun 22, 2013 at 5:08 AM

It’s easily explained, and it has nothing to do with money. Obviously, the guy would rather celebrate with his real family, and avoid having to hang out with flavor clowns like Drake. You don’t have to deal with suck-ups and hangers-on at a place that doesn’t serve Christal.

• 00maltliquor - Jun 22, 2013 at 7:16 AM

^I love this comment and approve this message!

To keep it short. Yuuuup.

13. colo91 - Jun 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM

After the elation of winning back to back championships players are allowed to hang out even at the greasy La Carreta.
    Great choice Battier.

14. iowahbr - Jun 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM

10 years from now I’m willing to bet his net worth will be up, he won’t have to make a fool of himself in a car that’s too small, and we won’t be reading about his involvement in a murder case. More power to him.

15. thelastpieceofcheese - Jun 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

What better way to celebrate a championship than with the $4 All You Can Eat Pancakes.

It makes my mouth water!

Handing out NBA's postseason awards