Jun 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EST
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Gabriel Union, pretty much every Miami celebrity you can name was celebrating the Heat’s second championship at Story Nightclub after the game Thursday. They even let Drake in. (I don’t know why either, but they did.)
But not Shane Battier, he and some friends went to… Denny’s?
— Shane Battier (@ShaneBattier) June 21, 2013
Because nothing says “I just got a $2 million playoff share bonus” like Moons Over My Hammy.
There may be classier places to eat in Miami, but even Denny’s tastes better than a turd sandwich, so to Battier it was probably felt like Il Gabbiano. Actually, I think after you drop six three pointers in Game 7 of the Finals everything tastes good for a few days.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 3
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 23
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 28
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0