Jun 21, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Trust my first hand knowledge on this — getting into the locker room of an NBA Championship team on the night they clinch the title is insanely difficult (even if you have the right credentials). There is a crush of people. It would be easier for Shaq to fit into a Mini Cooper.
But Drake — who was sitting courtside for Game 7 — tried. And was denied. You can see it in the video above.
He should have started from the bottom.
You can see Drake and his entourage are not used to being told no. To their credit, nobody pulled the dreaded “do you know who I am?” card. But he did say, “I am media,” which isn’t really going to work unless you have the credential around your neck (with your photo and name on it… and your first name isn’t Greatest).
But good job, good effort, Drake.
(He actually did catch up with the team at Story nightclub later and celebrated with them.)
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32