Jun 21, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Trust my first hand knowledge on this — getting into the locker room of an NBA Championship team on the night they clinch the title is insanely difficult (even if you have the right credentials). There is a crush of people. It would be easier for Shaq to fit into a Mini Cooper.
But Drake — who was sitting courtside for Game 7 — tried. And was denied. You can see it in the video above.
He should have started from the bottom.
You can see Drake and his entourage are not used to being told no. To their credit, nobody pulled the dreaded “do you know who I am?” card. But he did say, “I am media,” which isn’t really going to work unless you have the credential around your neck (with your photo and name on it… and your first name isn’t Greatest).
But good job, good effort, Drake.
(He actually did catch up with the team at Story nightclub later and celebrated with them.)
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 1
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 5
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 40
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 30
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 25