Jun 21, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
Trust my first hand knowledge on this — getting into the locker room of an NBA Championship team on the night they clinch the title is insanely difficult (even if you have the right credentials). There is a crush of people. It would be easier for Shaq to fit into a Mini Cooper.
But Drake — who was sitting courtside for Game 7 — tried. And was denied. You can see it in the video above.
He should have started from the bottom.
You can see Drake and his entourage are not used to being told no. To their credit, nobody pulled the dreaded “do you know who I am?” card. But he did say, “I am media,” which isn’t really going to work unless you have the credential around your neck (with your photo and name on it… and your first name isn’t Greatest).
But good job, good effort, Drake.
(He actually did catch up with the team at Story nightclub later and celebrated with them.)
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13