Jun 21, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Trust my first hand knowledge on this — getting into the locker room of an NBA Championship team on the night they clinch the title is insanely difficult (even if you have the right credentials). There is a crush of people. It would be easier for Shaq to fit into a Mini Cooper.
But Drake — who was sitting courtside for Game 7 — tried. And was denied. You can see it in the video above.
He should have started from the bottom.
You can see Drake and his entourage are not used to being told no. To their credit, nobody pulled the dreaded “do you know who I am?” card. But he did say, “I am media,” which isn’t really going to work unless you have the credential around your neck (with your photo and name on it… and your first name isn’t Greatest).
But good job, good effort, Drake.
(He actually did catch up with the team at Story nightclub later and celebrated with them.)
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11