Jun 21, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Trust my first hand knowledge on this — getting into the locker room of an NBA Championship team on the night they clinch the title is insanely difficult (even if you have the right credentials). There is a crush of people. It would be easier for Shaq to fit into a Mini Cooper.
But Drake — who was sitting courtside for Game 7 — tried. And was denied. You can see it in the video above.
He should have started from the bottom.
You can see Drake and his entourage are not used to being told no. To their credit, nobody pulled the dreaded “do you know who I am?” card. But he did say, “I am media,” which isn’t really going to work unless you have the credential around your neck (with your photo and name on it… and your first name isn’t Greatest).
But good job, good effort, Drake.
(He actually did catch up with the team at Story nightclub later and celebrated with them.)
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17