Yes, LeBron is going to wear his headband. That should decide Game 7.

Jun 20, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT

San Antonio Spurs v Miami Heat - Game 6 Getty Images

Clearly, Game 7 of the NBA Finals — and with that the entirety of LeBron James’ basketball legacy, the future of the Miami Heat franchise, and the fate of the entire NBA — hinges on one simple question:

Will LeBron James go back to wearing his headband in Game 7?

“I’ll probably start off with it, man,” LeBron said at practice Wednesday leading up to Game 7. “A little superstitious. If it gets knocked off, then me and him will have a discussion if he will return.”

So LeBron has conversations with his headband. I’d say that’s weird but I talk to my computer all day. Some days he really gets on my nerves.

It’s not a surprise LeBron is superstitious about his headband. Not just because it kind of hides the hair thing, but also because he always wears it. So the fact he shot 6-of-12 without it in the fourth quarter of Game 6 and was 5-of-14 with it the rest of the game doesn’t mean he’s changing anything. (His headband came off when Tim Duncan knocked it off going for a dunk.)

Now that we’re done with the headband thing, let’s move on to what really matters when focusing on Game 7 — is Justin Bieber going to be sitting courtside?

1. reesesteel23 - Jun 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I hope Bieber is there…..I also hope Keyshawn Johnson gets the seat right next to hi!!

2. fanofevilempire - Jun 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I hope Lil Wayne is there …… to present the Heat with the BIG gold basketball trophy given to the champion.

• heat256 - Jun 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

He’ll probably burn the flag as a halftime show.

• xLith - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Maybe we’ll get lucky and he’ll have a seizure and then the half time show might be interesting.

3. fanofevilempire - Jun 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Good work Kurt on the headband news, folks, it looks like it’s on like Donkey Kong!

4. pmx8411 - Jun 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

he was doing great w/o the headband until wade came in for mike miller and stunk it up

• fanofevilempire - Jun 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM

so you want to keep the head band and chuck Wade?

• doug2626 - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I think its get rid of the headband and Wade.

5. jzone954 - Jun 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Dude looked 4 times bigger when his headband came off

6. remmsterr - Jun 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

C’mon LeBron, DITCH THE HEADBAND! Own that hairline LeBron! OWN IT!

• hwatt - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM

haha, he may do it with time. It’s tough for a young guy to see he’s balding, speaking from experience.

• ProBasketballPundit - Jun 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Right on, remmsterr. I’m only 31 but my hairline is running at a mere 37% efficiency. I own it… no shaved head, no fancy hair styles. What I’ve done instead is get much meaner as I age to offset the weak spot. LeBron should do the same. Toss that headband and get nasty.

7. dolphindubs - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:39 PM

@remmsterr

Lmmfao!

8. elcapitanfiscal - Jun 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Bron looks like a total hardass with no headband imo

9. gmsingh123 - Jun 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Leave Lebron alone–his headband is the biggest component of his legacy.

10. dolphindubs - Jun 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I think when LeBron lost the headband, that threw it for the Spurs. They became confused, discombobulated, and maybe even intimidated by the hairline. It left them in a state of panic, caused focus to be lost.

If the times comes again LeBron, lose it. Lose it to win it!!!

Wizards playing spoiler in East