Jun 20, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
Clearly, Game 7 of the NBA Finals — and with that the entirety of LeBron James’ basketball legacy, the future of the Miami Heat franchise, and the fate of the entire NBA — hinges on one simple question:
Will LeBron James go back to wearing his headband in Game 7?
“I’ll probably start off with it, man,” LeBron said at practice Wednesday leading up to Game 7. “A little superstitious. If it gets knocked off, then me and him will have a discussion if he will return.”
So LeBron has conversations with his headband. I’d say that’s weird but I talk to my computer all day. Some days he really gets on my nerves.
It’s not a surprise LeBron is superstitious about his headband. Not just because it kind of hides the hair thing, but also because he always wears it. So the fact he shot 6-of-12 without it in the fourth quarter of Game 6 and was 5-of-14 with it the rest of the game doesn’t mean he’s changing anything. (His headband came off when Tim Duncan knocked it off going for a dunk.)
Now that we’re done with the headband thing, let’s move on to what really matters when focusing on Game 7 — is Justin Bieber going to be sitting courtside?
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 2
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 29
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)