Jun 20, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Clearly, Game 7 of the NBA Finals — and with that the entirety of LeBron James’ basketball legacy, the future of the Miami Heat franchise, and the fate of the entire NBA — hinges on one simple question:
Will LeBron James go back to wearing his headband in Game 7?
“I’ll probably start off with it, man,” LeBron said at practice Wednesday leading up to Game 7. “A little superstitious. If it gets knocked off, then me and him will have a discussion if he will return.”
So LeBron has conversations with his headband. I’d say that’s weird but I talk to my computer all day. Some days he really gets on my nerves.
It’s not a surprise LeBron is superstitious about his headband. Not just because it kind of hides the hair thing, but also because he always wears it. So the fact he shot 6-of-12 without it in the fourth quarter of Game 6 and was 5-of-14 with it the rest of the game doesn’t mean he’s changing anything. (His headband came off when Tim Duncan knocked it off going for a dunk.)
Now that we’re done with the headband thing, let’s move on to what really matters when focusing on Game 7 — is Justin Bieber going to be sitting courtside?
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18