Jun 20, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Clearly, Game 7 of the NBA Finals — and with that the entirety of LeBron James’ basketball legacy, the future of the Miami Heat franchise, and the fate of the entire NBA — hinges on one simple question:
Will LeBron James go back to wearing his headband in Game 7?
“I’ll probably start off with it, man,” LeBron said at practice Wednesday leading up to Game 7. “A little superstitious. If it gets knocked off, then me and him will have a discussion if he will return.”
So LeBron has conversations with his headband. I’d say that’s weird but I talk to my computer all day. Some days he really gets on my nerves.
It’s not a surprise LeBron is superstitious about his headband. Not just because it kind of hides the hair thing, but also because he always wears it. So the fact he shot 6-of-12 without it in the fourth quarter of Game 6 and was 5-of-14 with it the rest of the game doesn’t mean he’s changing anything. (His headband came off when Tim Duncan knocked it off going for a dunk.)
Now that we’re done with the headband thing, let’s move on to what really matters when focusing on Game 7 — is Justin Bieber going to be sitting courtside?
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 32
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0