Jun 20, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Clearly, Game 7 of the NBA Finals — and with that the entirety of LeBron James’ basketball legacy, the future of the Miami Heat franchise, and the fate of the entire NBA — hinges on one simple question:
Will LeBron James go back to wearing his headband in Game 7?
“I’ll probably start off with it, man,” LeBron said at practice Wednesday leading up to Game 7. “A little superstitious. If it gets knocked off, then me and him will have a discussion if he will return.”
So LeBron has conversations with his headband. I’d say that’s weird but I talk to my computer all day. Some days he really gets on my nerves.
It’s not a surprise LeBron is superstitious about his headband. Not just because it kind of hides the hair thing, but also because he always wears it. So the fact he shot 6-of-12 without it in the fourth quarter of Game 6 and was 5-of-14 with it the rest of the game doesn’t mean he’s changing anything. (His headband came off when Tim Duncan knocked it off going for a dunk.)
Now that we’re done with the headband thing, let’s move on to what really matters when focusing on Game 7 — is Justin Bieber going to be sitting courtside?
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 4
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 4
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 16
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6