Jun 20, 2013, 11:08 PM EDT
Mario Chalmers, who knows something about making buzzer-beating 3-pointers in winner-take-all games, inbounded the ball with 5.2 seconds left in the third quarter, immediately got a pass back from Ray Allen and dashed upcourt unimpeded. Then, he pulled up from 30 feet to bank what has so far been the biggest shot of the biggest game of the NBA season.
A Gregg Popovich team should know to account for the inbounder, even if the inbounder never has a chance to get closer than 30 feet from the basket.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6