Jun 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
LeBron James scared to take the big shot? I don’t think so.
In the final minute of Game 7 of the NBA Finals, LeBron declined what would have been a good pass to an open Mario Chalmers. Instead, LeBron pulled up for the jumper himself and absolutely buried it.
The shot put Miami up by four points with 27.9 seconds left, and although that didn’t clinch the game, his subsequent steal and two made free throws put the Heat up six and sent the Spurs into desperation mode.
Heat 95, Spurs 88. Miami is the 2013 NBA Champions.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15