Jun 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
LeBron James scared to take the big shot? I don’t think so.
In the final minute of Game 7 of the NBA Finals, LeBron declined what would have been a good pass to an open Mario Chalmers. Instead, LeBron pulled up for the jumper himself and absolutely buried it.
The shot put Miami up by four points with 27.9 seconds left, and although that didn’t clinch the game, his subsequent steal and two made free throws put the Heat up six and sent the Spurs into desperation mode.
Heat 95, Spurs 88. Miami is the 2013 NBA Champions.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 37
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 46
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11