Jun 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
LeBron James scared to take the big shot? I don’t think so.
In the final minute of Game 7 of the NBA Finals, LeBron declined what would have been a good pass to an open Mario Chalmers. Instead, LeBron pulled up for the jumper himself and absolutely buried it.
The shot put Miami up by four points with 27.9 seconds left, and although that didn’t clinch the game, his subsequent steal and two made free throws put the Heat up six and sent the Spurs into desperation mode.
Heat 95, Spurs 88. Miami is the 2013 NBA Champions.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)