Jun 20, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Why is the NBA promoting a new uniform with short sleeves? To sell more merchandise, of course. It’s always about the money. Let’s be honest, there are certain people wearing traditional jerseys around town we’d all like to see more covered up in short sleeve jerseys. There is probably a market for this.
An NBA source told ESPN.com that as many as five teams will wear the short-sleeve jerseys as an alternate jersey for as much as 12 games during the season.
I know this bothered some fans; personally I’m good with it. I think all the way back to Patrick Ewing at Georgetown in the grey T-shirt under his jersey, that didn’t bother me. These new uniforms don’t bother me. Maybe it would look strange on the Lakers or Celtics (or the more traditional NBA uniforms and franchises), but it really is no big deal.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 7
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 3
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23