Jun 20, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
Why is the NBA promoting a new uniform with short sleeves? To sell more merchandise, of course. It’s always about the money. Let’s be honest, there are certain people wearing traditional jerseys around town we’d all like to see more covered up in short sleeve jerseys. There is probably a market for this.
An NBA source told ESPN.com that as many as five teams will wear the short-sleeve jerseys as an alternate jersey for as much as 12 games during the season.
I know this bothered some fans; personally I’m good with it. I think all the way back to Patrick Ewing at Georgetown in the grey T-shirt under his jersey, that didn’t bother me. These new uniforms don’t bother me. Maybe it would look strange on the Lakers or Celtics (or the more traditional NBA uniforms and franchises), but it really is no big deal.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 6
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 15