Jun 20, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Why is the NBA promoting a new uniform with short sleeves? To sell more merchandise, of course. It’s always about the money. Let’s be honest, there are certain people wearing traditional jerseys around town we’d all like to see more covered up in short sleeve jerseys. There is probably a market for this.
An NBA source told ESPN.com that as many as five teams will wear the short-sleeve jerseys as an alternate jersey for as much as 12 games during the season.
I know this bothered some fans; personally I’m good with it. I think all the way back to Patrick Ewing at Georgetown in the grey T-shirt under his jersey, that didn’t bother me. These new uniforms don’t bother me. Maybe it would look strange on the Lakers or Celtics (or the more traditional NBA uniforms and franchises), but it really is no big deal.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 49
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 11
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 30
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33