Jun 20, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Why is the NBA promoting a new uniform with short sleeves? To sell more merchandise, of course. It’s always about the money. Let’s be honest, there are certain people wearing traditional jerseys around town we’d all like to see more covered up in short sleeve jerseys. There is probably a market for this.
An NBA source told ESPN.com that as many as five teams will wear the short-sleeve jerseys as an alternate jersey for as much as 12 games during the season.
I know this bothered some fans; personally I’m good with it. I think all the way back to Patrick Ewing at Georgetown in the grey T-shirt under his jersey, that didn’t bother me. These new uniforms don’t bother me. Maybe it would look strange on the Lakers or Celtics (or the more traditional NBA uniforms and franchises), but it really is no big deal.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 27
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6