Jun 20, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
After starting the NBA Finals shooting 25-of-38 from beyond the arc and setting a Finals record for 3-pointers, Danny Green cooled off and shot 1-for-5 on 3s and 1-for-7 overall in Game 6.
It would errant to pin the Spurs’ loss on him, but they need him to shoot better from the perimeter – even if not at his record-setting clip – to have their offense hitting on all cylinders.
Unfortunately for San Antonio, Green isn’t in peak condition tonight.
Tom Orsborn of San Antonio Express-News:
That said, it’s Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and I doubt an illness that requires just Tylenol and cough drops (unless Green requires other significant treatment not seen by reporters) will keep him from bringing his best effort.
Whatever is going on inside Green, it’s exterior factors that are even more sickening.
That should motivate him to work past his illness.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50