Jun 20, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
After starting the NBA Finals shooting 25-of-38 from beyond the arc and setting a Finals record for 3-pointers, Danny Green cooled off and shot 1-for-5 on 3s and 1-for-7 overall in Game 6.
It would errant to pin the Spurs’ loss on him, but they need him to shoot better from the perimeter – even if not at his record-setting clip – to have their offense hitting on all cylinders.
Unfortunately for San Antonio, Green isn’t in peak condition tonight.
Tom Orsborn of San Antonio Express-News:
That said, it’s Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and I doubt an illness that requires just Tylenol and cough drops (unless Green requires other significant treatment not seen by reporters) will keep him from bringing his best effort.
Whatever is going on inside Green, it’s exterior factors that are even more sickening.
That should motivate him to work past his illness.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2