Jun 20, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
After starting the NBA Finals shooting 25-of-38 from beyond the arc and setting a Finals record for 3-pointers, Danny Green cooled off and shot 1-for-5 on 3s and 1-for-7 overall in Game 6.
It would errant to pin the Spurs’ loss on him, but they need him to shoot better from the perimeter – even if not at his record-setting clip – to have their offense hitting on all cylinders.
Unfortunately for San Antonio, Green isn’t in peak condition tonight.
Tom Orsborn of San Antonio Express-News:
That said, it’s Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and I doubt an illness that requires just Tylenol and cough drops (unless Green requires other significant treatment not seen by reporters) will keep him from bringing his best effort.
Whatever is going on inside Green, it’s exterior factors that are even more sickening.
That should motivate him to work past his illness.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 0
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 3
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 19
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7