Jun 20, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
After starting the NBA Finals shooting 25-of-38 from beyond the arc and setting a Finals record for 3-pointers, Danny Green cooled off and shot 1-for-5 on 3s and 1-for-7 overall in Game 6.
It would errant to pin the Spurs’ loss on him, but they need him to shoot better from the perimeter – even if not at his record-setting clip – to have their offense hitting on all cylinders.
Unfortunately for San Antonio, Green isn’t in peak condition tonight.
Tom Orsborn of San Antonio Express-News:
That said, it’s Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and I doubt an illness that requires just Tylenol and cough drops (unless Green requires other significant treatment not seen by reporters) will keep him from bringing his best effort.
Whatever is going on inside Green, it’s exterior factors that are even more sickening.
That should motivate him to work past his illness.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30