Jun 20, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
After starting the NBA Finals shooting 25-of-38 from beyond the arc and setting a Finals record for 3-pointers, Danny Green cooled off and shot 1-for-5 on 3s and 1-for-7 overall in Game 6.
It would errant to pin the Spurs’ loss on him, but they need him to shoot better from the perimeter – even if not at his record-setting clip – to have their offense hitting on all cylinders.
Unfortunately for San Antonio, Green isn’t in peak condition tonight.
Tom Orsborn of San Antonio Express-News:
That said, it’s Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and I doubt an illness that requires just Tylenol and cough drops (unless Green requires other significant treatment not seen by reporters) will keep him from bringing his best effort.
Whatever is going on inside Green, it’s exterior factors that are even more sickening.
That should motivate him to work past his illness.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11