Jun 20, 2013, 8:57 PM EST
After starting the NBA Finals shooting 25-of-38 from beyond the arc and setting a Finals record for 3-pointers, Danny Green cooled off and shot 1-for-5 on 3s and 1-for-7 overall in Game 6.
It would errant to pin the Spurs’ loss on him, but they need him to shoot better from the perimeter – even if not at his record-setting clip – to have their offense hitting on all cylinders.
Unfortunately for San Antonio, Green isn’t in peak condition tonight.
Tom Orsborn of San Antonio Express-News:
That said, it’s Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and I doubt an illness that requires just Tylenol and cough drops (unless Green requires other significant treatment not seen by reporters) will keep him from bringing his best effort.
Whatever is going on inside Green, it’s exterior factors that are even more sickening.
That should motivate him to work past his illness.
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 0
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 16
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 39
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 41
- The Extra Pass: Four teams for three spots in West playoff race 7