Jun 19, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Philadelphia 76ers coaching search could go on until after Summer League in mid-July. So pull up a chair and get comfortable.
• Jerry Stackhouse says the NBA Players Association (the union) is in no rush to hire someone to replace Billy Hunter.
• Bulls fans thinking Carlos Boozer will be amnestied this summer should be thinking the summer of 2014 instead.
• Isiah Thomas likes the direction the Knicks are headed.
• In Indiana they are waiting to hear if former GM Larry Bird will return to the franchise. Pacers owner Herb Simon expects to hear a decision from Bird shortly.
• Bucks coach Larry Drew brought Bob Bender and Nick Van Exel up as assistant coaches from his Atlanta staff.
• Here is what new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly said at his introductory press conference.
• Patrick Ewing said he chose Georgetown over North Carolina to play his college ball because there was a Klu Klux Klan rally in NC when he was being recruited.
• This is a fantastic look at the fall of Javaris Crittenton.
• Otis Birdsog, Danny Manning and others former NBA players helped out recent tornado vicitims.
• If you live in Los Angeles, tickets have gone on sale for a charity event, Kobe Up Close hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Thursday, August 15th. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Kobe & Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation to support their work toward eliminating homelessness.
• The Wizards Jan Vesley in a remake of the Bestie Boys “Sabotage” video? We got that.
May 24, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
If one play can sum up a game, this was it.
May 24, 2015, 12:57 AM EDT
There’s seemingly no solving Golden State’s dominant defense
May 24, 2015, 12:07 AM EDT
Houston has played well and valiantly this postseason, but the Warriors are simply better.
May 23, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT
He did it in nine fewer games than Miller.
May 23, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Great stuff from the game’s best player.
May 23, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Ross, and the Raptors, had a disappointing season.
May 23, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
He certainly is one of the greatest ball handlers of all time.
Lakers GM: If free agents don’t choose L.A. because of Kobe Bryant, ‘we don’t want them. You should go someplace else.’
May 23, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Lakers need a strong-willed star to carry them into their next era of greatness.
May 23, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
I’d say this puts the Hawks in a difficult spot, but they already were in one.
May 23, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
May 23, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
The popular former Magic player would sell well to the fan base.
May 23, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Clean block that was unfortunately called a foul.
May 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Atlanta is already down 2-0 to Cleveland in the series, and if Korver misses any time, the Hawks are finished.
May 23, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He would bring a defensive mindset that he team could use.
May 23, 2015, 12:25 AM EDT
Cleveland shut down Atlanta’s offense in a dominant Game 2 performance.
May 22, 2015, 11:16 PM EDT
LeBron was great, and that was enough against a Hawks team that keeps losing guys due to injury.
May 22, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
There’s also video of Harden doing some damage in the tunnel on the way to the locker room.
May 22, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Ruled a flagrant, which was probably the correct call under the circumstances.
May 22, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
GM Mitch Kupchak: “It looks as though we’ll use our pick this year.”
May 22, 2015, 7:38 PM EDT
Irving is dealing with a knee injury.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 3
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 18
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7