Jun 19, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Philadelphia 76ers coaching search could go on until after Summer League in mid-July. So pull up a chair and get comfortable.
• Jerry Stackhouse says the NBA Players Association (the union) is in no rush to hire someone to replace Billy Hunter.
• Bulls fans thinking Carlos Boozer will be amnestied this summer should be thinking the summer of 2014 instead.
• Isiah Thomas likes the direction the Knicks are headed.
• In Indiana they are waiting to hear if former GM Larry Bird will return to the franchise. Pacers owner Herb Simon expects to hear a decision from Bird shortly.
• Bucks coach Larry Drew brought Bob Bender and Nick Van Exel up as assistant coaches from his Atlanta staff.
• Here is what new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly said at his introductory press conference.
• Patrick Ewing said he chose Georgetown over North Carolina to play his college ball because there was a Klu Klux Klan rally in NC when he was being recruited.
• This is a fantastic look at the fall of Javaris Crittenton.
• Otis Birdsog, Danny Manning and others former NBA players helped out recent tornado vicitims.
• If you live in Los Angeles, tickets have gone on sale for a charity event, Kobe Up Close hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Thursday, August 15th. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Kobe & Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation to support their work toward eliminating homelessness.
• The Wizards Jan Vesley in a remake of the Bestie Boys “Sabotage” video? We got that.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Nene gets his first start since February and the Wizards steal Game 1.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Kemba Walker made James Jones look bad.
Apr 20, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Bobcats were scrappy, but with Al Jefferson hurting Miami just had too much LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
Apr 20, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Touching moment as Gregg Popovich delivers a heartfelt message.
Apr 20, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Spurs close the game on a 19-4 run after trailing by double digits.
Apr 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Statement confirms referees handled replay review correctly, but also admits that they missed the initial foul call on a critical possession.
Apr 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
If Jim Buss fails to deliver in quickly rebuilding the Lakers, he says he’ll resign.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Roy Hibbert owned up to a poor Game 1. Will he do anything about it in Game 2 is the question.
Apr 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Shot clocks stopped working midway through the third quarter, but Raptors say all will be well in time for Game 2.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Where you going, Evan?
Apr 20, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
“That’s what I do!”
Apr 20, 2014, 12:44 AM EDT
OKC led by as many as 25 points in the first half.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Roy Hibbert wasn’t good in Game 1 against the Hawks, and this play epitomized his performance.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
The eight-seed Hawks blowout the Pacers in Game 1.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Blake Griffin totally did this on purpose.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Warriors steal Game 1 in Los Angeles.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
It looked good as soon as it left his hands.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
Playoff games are played in the halfcourt and the Nets owned that in Game 1.
Apr 19, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
A rare and raw show of emotion from a team’s GM was caught on camera.
Nash to Nowitzki: ‘What would you do if you were me? Would you come back?’ Dirk: ‘I’m not sure, bro.’ (VIDEO)
Apr 19, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Dirk Nowizki is brutally honest.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41