Jun 19, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Philadelphia 76ers coaching search could go on until after Summer League in mid-July. So pull up a chair and get comfortable.
• Jerry Stackhouse says the NBA Players Association (the union) is in no rush to hire someone to replace Billy Hunter.
• Bulls fans thinking Carlos Boozer will be amnestied this summer should be thinking the summer of 2014 instead.
• Isiah Thomas likes the direction the Knicks are headed.
• In Indiana they are waiting to hear if former GM Larry Bird will return to the franchise. Pacers owner Herb Simon expects to hear a decision from Bird shortly.
• Bucks coach Larry Drew brought Bob Bender and Nick Van Exel up as assistant coaches from his Atlanta staff.
• Here is what new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly said at his introductory press conference.
• Patrick Ewing said he chose Georgetown over North Carolina to play his college ball because there was a Klu Klux Klan rally in NC when he was being recruited.
• This is a fantastic look at the fall of Javaris Crittenton.
• Otis Birdsog, Danny Manning and others former NBA players helped out recent tornado vicitims.
• If you live in Los Angeles, tickets have gone on sale for a charity event, Kobe Up Close hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Thursday, August 15th. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Kobe & Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation to support their work toward eliminating homelessness.
• The Wizards Jan Vesley in a remake of the Bestie Boys “Sabotage” video? We got that.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49