Jun 19, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Philadelphia 76ers coaching search could go on until after Summer League in mid-July. So pull up a chair and get comfortable.
• Jerry Stackhouse says the NBA Players Association (the union) is in no rush to hire someone to replace Billy Hunter.
• Bulls fans thinking Carlos Boozer will be amnestied this summer should be thinking the summer of 2014 instead.
• Isiah Thomas likes the direction the Knicks are headed.
• In Indiana they are waiting to hear if former GM Larry Bird will return to the franchise. Pacers owner Herb Simon expects to hear a decision from Bird shortly.
• Bucks coach Larry Drew brought Bob Bender and Nick Van Exel up as assistant coaches from his Atlanta staff.
• Here is what new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly said at his introductory press conference.
• Patrick Ewing said he chose Georgetown over North Carolina to play his college ball because there was a Klu Klux Klan rally in NC when he was being recruited.
• This is a fantastic look at the fall of Javaris Crittenton.
• Otis Birdsog, Danny Manning and others former NBA players helped out recent tornado vicitims.
• If you live in Los Angeles, tickets have gone on sale for a charity event, Kobe Up Close hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Thursday, August 15th. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Kobe & Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation to support their work toward eliminating homelessness.
• The Wizards Jan Vesley in a remake of the Bestie Boys “Sabotage” video? We got that.
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 9
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 2
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 45
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23