Jun 19, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
One day after as dramatic an NBA Finals game as you will ever see — and one day before a Game 7 to decide the NBA crown — the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs were back on the practice court and talking to the media.
The Miami players, as you might expect, seemed confident after a fortuitous Game 6 win. They are home and they know that history favors them. Plus, they have LeBron James.
The San Antonio players are professional — the team that was understandably dejected after a tough loss Tuesday by Wednesday looked like they had bounced back mentally. They know they get one more crack at banner No. 5.
The biggest question for Game 7 is not if they can mentally bounce back, you know Gregg Popovich will have them ready. The question is will they be physically back after an exhausting Game 6 that had Tim Duncan playing nearly 45 minutes and Tony Parker cramping.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9