Jun 19, 2013, 3:42 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade has been clearly grounded through much of the playoffs. While he has had some monster games — including Games 4 and 5 of the Finals — his right knee has held him back at times.
Now you can add his left knee to the list of issues.
Wade and Manu Ginobili banged knees on a Wade drive in the first half and Wade was clearly, instantly in pain. He played through it but was late coming out of the locker room for the second half as he got treatment.
And it’s still an issue.
“Early in the game I took a good shot,” Wade said Wednesday after practice. “Right on my left knee, that’s the knee I had surgery on (this past offseason) so that kind of trauma to it at that moment it swelled up. At (halftime) I was trying to do as much as I can, as much treatment….
“It was stiff, I couldn’t do as much as I wanted to but I just tried to do whatever I could.”
So is it stiff and swollen on Wednesday?
He also said he will be out there ready to go in Game 7.
“It’s one more game left, whatever you have inside you muster it up,” Wade said. “I’ll be fine.”
If Wade is pedestrian in Game 7 it puts more pressure on LeBron James to step up big, and Chris Bosh as well. Also in Game 7s, there is always the unexpected hero and the Heat need someone (Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller, anyone) to fill that role for them. Because the Spurs will not go quietly.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11