Jun 19, 2013, 3:42 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade has been clearly grounded through much of the playoffs. While he has had some monster games — including Games 4 and 5 of the Finals — his right knee has held him back at times.
Now you can add his left knee to the list of issues.
Wade and Manu Ginobili banged knees on a Wade drive in the first half and Wade was clearly, instantly in pain. He played through it but was late coming out of the locker room for the second half as he got treatment.
And it’s still an issue.
“Early in the game I took a good shot,” Wade said Wednesday after practice. “Right on my left knee, that’s the knee I had surgery on (this past offseason) so that kind of trauma to it at that moment it swelled up. At (halftime) I was trying to do as much as I can, as much treatment….
“It was stiff, I couldn’t do as much as I wanted to but I just tried to do whatever I could.”
So is it stiff and swollen on Wednesday?
He also said he will be out there ready to go in Game 7.
“It’s one more game left, whatever you have inside you muster it up,” Wade said. “I’ll be fine.”
If Wade is pedestrian in Game 7 it puts more pressure on LeBron James to step up big, and Chris Bosh as well. Also in Game 7s, there is always the unexpected hero and the Heat need someone (Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller, anyone) to fill that role for them. Because the Spurs will not go quietly.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10