Jun 19, 2013, 3:42 PM EST
Dwyane Wade has been clearly grounded through much of the playoffs. While he has had some monster games — including Games 4 and 5 of the Finals — his right knee has held him back at times.
Now you can add his left knee to the list of issues.
Wade and Manu Ginobili banged knees on a Wade drive in the first half and Wade was clearly, instantly in pain. He played through it but was late coming out of the locker room for the second half as he got treatment.
And it’s still an issue.
“Early in the game I took a good shot,” Wade said Wednesday after practice. “Right on my left knee, that’s the knee I had surgery on (this past offseason) so that kind of trauma to it at that moment it swelled up. At (halftime) I was trying to do as much as I can, as much treatment….
“It was stiff, I couldn’t do as much as I wanted to but I just tried to do whatever I could.”
So is it stiff and swollen on Wednesday?
He also said he will be out there ready to go in Game 7.
“It’s one more game left, whatever you have inside you muster it up,” Wade said. “I’ll be fine.”
If Wade is pedestrian in Game 7 it puts more pressure on LeBron James to step up big, and Chris Bosh as well. Also in Game 7s, there is always the unexpected hero and the Heat need someone (Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller, anyone) to fill that role for them. Because the Spurs will not go quietly.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6