Jun 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
With the Heat season on the brink LeBron James needed to change things up…
He ditched the headband.
Not exactly ditched, but late in the game LeBron’s headband was knocked off — and then he went off. LeBron played a key stretch of the fourth quarter then all of overtime without it. Couper Moorehead of Heat.com tracked the numbers:
No-headband LeBron had 12 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block of Tim Duncan and 4 turnovers on 5-of-11 shooting. He saved the Heat season.
LeBron played desperate — as he should have, the Heat were about to be sent fishing — and while Chris Bosh with his rebound and Ray Allen with his three were key none of it happens without LeBron’s no headband run.
NBA players and others noticed as twitter went crazy.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 0
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31