Jun 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
With the Heat season on the brink LeBron James needed to change things up…
He ditched the headband.
Not exactly ditched, but late in the game LeBron’s headband was knocked off — and then he went off. LeBron played a key stretch of the fourth quarter then all of overtime without it. Couper Moorehead of Heat.com tracked the numbers:
No-headband LeBron had 12 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block of Tim Duncan and 4 turnovers on 5-of-11 shooting. He saved the Heat season.
LeBron played desperate — as he should have, the Heat were about to be sent fishing — and while Chris Bosh with his rebound and Ray Allen with his three were key none of it happens without LeBron’s no headband run.
NBA players and others noticed as twitter went crazy.
I'm purchasing mike millers shoe and lebrons headband for 1.754 million—
Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) June 19, 2013
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 4
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 7
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 15
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4