Jun 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
With the Heat season on the brink LeBron James needed to change things up…
He ditched the headband.
Not exactly ditched, but late in the game LeBron’s headband was knocked off — and then he went off. LeBron played a key stretch of the fourth quarter then all of overtime without it. Couper Moorehead of Heat.com tracked the numbers:
No-headband LeBron had 12 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block of Tim Duncan and 4 turnovers on 5-of-11 shooting. He saved the Heat season.
LeBron played desperate — as he should have, the Heat were about to be sent fishing — and while Chris Bosh with his rebound and Ray Allen with his three were key none of it happens without LeBron’s no headband run.
NBA players and others noticed as twitter went crazy.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28