Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′

Jun 19, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT

San Antonio Spurs v Miami Heat - Game 6 Getty Images

MIAMI — The Spurs held a five-point lead with a little more than 28 seconds remaining in Game 6, before the Heat mounted a furious comeback to send it into overtime and ultimately force a seventh game.

As things looked particularly dire, with San Antonio on a 10-2 run and seemingly on their way to the title, some fans in Miami decided they’d had enough, and prematurely headed for the exits.

Speaking to reporters before practicing at the American Airlines Arena on Wednesday, Chris Bosh had a message to those who weren’t willing to stick around and support their team until the final buzzer had sounded.

“For all those guys who left, don’t come back for Game 7,” he said.

Fans that did leave attempted to return once they learned of the comeback, but arena policy states that once you leave, you’re not allowed back. Bosh was asked if he felt this punishment served them right.

“You can’t get let back in after you leave,” Bosh said. “I know that. Hell, I’ve been to games. You can’t leave a game and then come back. It doesn’t make any sense; you left. It’s not punishment, that’s protocol.”

Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra maintained his stance from late Tuesday, when I had asked him what the effects might have been seeing arena staffers line the court with a yellow rope in preparation for a potential trophy presentation to the Spurs. He was too focused on the game to realize that anyone had left.

“[I just heard] that walking here,” Spoelstra said Wednesday. “I didn’t have any idea about it. It’s one of those situations where I think every single one of us — somebody asked me last night about the yellow rope.  I don’t think any of us saw any of that until afterwards.  We were fully engaged in the moment.”

Bosh and LeBron James, however, told a different story.

Regardless of the reasons that those in attendance decided to bail, Bosh wasn’t in a forgiving mood a day later. And he would prefer that those supposed fans stay away for the final game of the season.

“You never give up,” Bosh said. “People gave up on us, and they can stay where they are and watch the game at home.”

1. nonetruerthanblue - Jun 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Shut up, Bosh.

Most Heat fans are bandwagon folks anyway.

2. loungefly74 - Jun 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM

maybe there was a Menudo concert those fans had to catch, huh?

3. breastfedted - Jun 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Bosh is a free loader on the Lebron/Wade gravy train

4. 00maltliquor - Jun 20, 2013 at 3:47 AM

@Great Caesar’s Ghost

Chris Bosh is talking about YOU.

5. savagedolfan - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM

@logisticalvoices First, I thought this article was about the Miami Heat. Why would you bring up the Marlins and Dolphins? Aren’t you trying to belittle Miami Heat fans? Plus the only comparison to Marlins fans are Bobcat or Raptor fans. A team owned for revenue sharing and television rights purposes and wants nothing to do with winning. Maybe you should be consistent with the article or at least the conversation.

@cantonbound13 yeah I recognize you have been a more consistent writer on these sites, usually to bash the Heat or it’s fan base. There are only two reasons why I could fathom the idea that you love to bash both. One, you are an extreme Knicks fan. You can’t stand the fact that the Heat are winners in an era in which your team can’t gather enough talent to beat them in a series. Two, you are understandably jealous that you could not get James to the “Mecca” of basketball. You are sitting on the couch watching the Heat make history as your team has been fishing for months now. Let’s face it, you wish the Knicks had the Heat’s roster. Do us all a favor and instead of hating, go back watch your stash of 1990’s playoff videos of when the Knicks used to own the Heat because those days are not anywhere close to resurfacing.

6. lakerwoman - Jun 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Go Spurs!!!!!!

7. jerrygray721 - Jun 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I was watching game 6 on T.V. and 2 different times I changed the channel and when I switched back for the last time I watched James lose the ball and seen S.A. go up by 5 so I changed channels for good and just assumed that S.A. won and because I work so much I Didn’t even know the heat won until today so I wonder if Chris will forgive me for giving up? I’m sorry Chris and give em hell tonight and bring another championship to south beach

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches