Jun 18, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
While the NCAA and its ridiculous rules force American college players to make their draft decisions much earlier, international players and those not in college have longer to make their decision.
That deadline was today and 18 players pulled out the league announced.
The biggest one we already knew, Dario Saric of Croatia. DraftExpress had him going No. 21 before he pulled out, and he might have gone higher than that. He’s a vintage European big man — 6’10” but he plays like a small forward. He sees the court well, is a great ball handler and passer. He just needed his game to mature, his jumper to be steadier and to put on some muscle.
Also out is Norvel Pelle, the 6’10 big man of Los Angeles College Preparatory Academy. He might have been a late second round pick at best, he’s raw and needs a lot of work according to reports.
Here is the full list (outside of Saric it doesn’t impact the draft that much:
Norvel Pelle (Los Angeles College Preparatory Academy)
Joshua Simmons (Spartanburg Methodist, JC)
Francois Affia Ambadiang (Slovenia)
Nemanja Besovic (Serbia)
Bogdan Bogdanovic (Serbia)
Matias Bortolin (Austria)
Linos Chrysikopoulos (Greece)
Dorde Drenovac (Italy)
Viktor Gaddefors (Italy)
Mouhammadou Jaiteh (France)
Louis Labeyrie (France)
Philipp Neumann (Germany)
Artem Pustovyi (Ukraine)
Marko Ramljak (Croatia)
Dario Saric (Croatia)
Walter Tavares (Spain)
Axel Toupane (France)
Adin Vrabac (Bosnia)
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50