Jun 18, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
While the NCAA and its ridiculous rules force American college players to make their draft decisions much earlier, international players and those not in college have longer to make their decision.
That deadline was today and 18 players pulled out the league announced.
The biggest one we already knew, Dario Saric of Croatia. DraftExpress had him going No. 21 before he pulled out, and he might have gone higher than that. He’s a vintage European big man — 6’10” but he plays like a small forward. He sees the court well, is a great ball handler and passer. He just needed his game to mature, his jumper to be steadier and to put on some muscle.
Also out is Norvel Pelle, the 6’10 big man of Los Angeles College Preparatory Academy. He might have been a late second round pick at best, he’s raw and needs a lot of work according to reports.
Here is the full list (outside of Saric it doesn’t impact the draft that much:
Norvel Pelle (Los Angeles College Preparatory Academy)
Joshua Simmons (Spartanburg Methodist, JC)
Francois Affia Ambadiang (Slovenia)
Nemanja Besovic (Serbia)
Bogdan Bogdanovic (Serbia)
Matias Bortolin (Austria)
Linos Chrysikopoulos (Greece)
Dorde Drenovac (Italy)
Viktor Gaddefors (Italy)
Mouhammadou Jaiteh (France)
Louis Labeyrie (France)
Philipp Neumann (Germany)
Artem Pustovyi (Ukraine)
Marko Ramljak (Croatia)
Dario Saric (Croatia)
Walter Tavares (Spain)
Axel Toupane (France)
Adin Vrabac (Bosnia)
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 3
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11