Jun 18, 2013, 2:28 PM EST
While the NCAA and its ridiculous rules force American college players to make their draft decisions much earlier, international players and those not in college have longer to make their decision.
That deadline was today and 18 players pulled out the league announced.
The biggest one we already knew, Dario Saric of Croatia. DraftExpress had him going No. 21 before he pulled out, and he might have gone higher than that. He’s a vintage European big man — 6’10” but he plays like a small forward. He sees the court well, is a great ball handler and passer. He just needed his game to mature, his jumper to be steadier and to put on some muscle.
Also out is Norvel Pelle, the 6’10 big man of Los Angeles College Preparatory Academy. He might have been a late second round pick at best, he’s raw and needs a lot of work according to reports.
Here is the full list (outside of Saric it doesn’t impact the draft that much:
Norvel Pelle (Los Angeles College Preparatory Academy)
Joshua Simmons (Spartanburg Methodist, JC)
Francois Affia Ambadiang (Slovenia)
Nemanja Besovic (Serbia)
Bogdan Bogdanovic (Serbia)
Matias Bortolin (Austria)
Linos Chrysikopoulos (Greece)
Dorde Drenovac (Italy)
Viktor Gaddefors (Italy)
Mouhammadou Jaiteh (France)
Louis Labeyrie (France)
Philipp Neumann (Germany)
Artem Pustovyi (Ukraine)
Marko Ramljak (Croatia)
Dario Saric (Croatia)
Walter Tavares (Spain)
Axel Toupane (France)
Adin Vrabac (Bosnia)
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5