PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6

Jun 18, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT

Legacies are always on the line in the NBA Finals.

I wrote about that earlier and Kay Adams and I talk about the impact of legacy if the San Antonio Spurs win Game 6 Tuesday night.

She also calls me out for that Heat is 6 prediction. As she should.

1. dezglobal - Jun 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM

LBJ needs this more than Tim does.. he already has 4 rings and didn’t promise anyone he’d win 8.

• 808raiderinparadise - Jun 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Fo sho !!! This all about LBJ this is normally when he explodes with effort plays and goes to the paint ….

but he will need to be epic in the last 2 games, think he will – or I should say he HAS to, there is far too much lingering about the future in Miami already, he needs to get this ring …. the Spurs are tough, very …. but Danny Green is beyond amazing for them and if Miami can rattle him and get out and run at home its over.

• 2late2matter - Jun 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I think of what you say about 4 rings and think “Wow” and then recall the pic of MJ with 6 of those things on his fingers. http://www.google.com/search?q=michael+jordan+picture+with+6+rings&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=H67AUZHPPOPayAGr3YCoBA&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=932#facrc=_&imgrc=it2S6pOs6QtjkM%3A%3BqWreK8g0A1G9JM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn.memegenerator.net%252Finstances%252F250x250%252F22457681.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmemegenerator.net%252FMichael-Jordan-6-Rings%252Fimages%252Fnew%252Falltime%252Fpage%252F2%3B250%3B250

• packfaninvikeland - Jun 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I have been a Lebron hater, but Lebron never promised they would win even one ring. If you go back and actually listen to what he said.. he said “We BELIEVE”.Just ppl who wanted to create hate for him only heard he guaranteed 8 rings.. sad that people believe what they want to believe. I will get downvotes, because his haters will be mad, instead of looking at what I am actually saying which is the truth of the situation.. LEBRON NEVER PROMISED OR GUARANTEED ANY CHAMPIONSHIPS! “We BELIEVE we can win multiple championships, IF WE TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS, AND DO IT THE RIGHT WAY” Lebron James

• omahakidw - Jun 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Well, Tim will get his fifth unless LeBron stops playing scared. He just won`t drive

2. dolphindubs - Jun 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM

LBJ didn’t promise anyone he’d win eight rings. He said they came together to try and win not one, not two, not three… Believing that you can accomplish something is hardly promising that you will. But all you LeBron haters just keep on not cutting him any slack.

• xLith - Jun 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Try and watch that outside of the mind of an obviously, biased Heat fan.

• packfaninvikeland - Jun 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Yup. Someone please tell me where he said “I guarantee” …someone?? Oh don’t worry I’ll wait..And I dont even like LBJ..

3. ragingmouse - Jun 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM

This game will be all about who executes: passes, outside and inside game…
    Whom ever starts playing “one on one game” will lose the game…

– Spurs, welcome to # 5!

4. bigbenh8tr - Jun 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM

He didn’t say 8 but he surely said more than 3 and he’s a pompous immature piece of trash. For a true legend he will never get close to, http://www.nba.com/jordan/mjfinals.html

• melkipershero - Jun 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Lets settle this. No one will be MJ.

5. txnative61 - Jun 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I don’t think Timmy wants or needs any validation—-he just wants to win the next game—and goes with the result whatever it is. Irritating to people emotionally invested in the outcome of games.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches