Jun 18, 2013, 9:54 AM EST
As a parent, I read these stories and I cringe for the children. They are being used as pawns in the parents’ fights.
Yesterday we told you how Allen Iverson’s ex-wife filed court documents that Iverson had kidnapped his children.
Those children are now back with his wife and Iverson told the judge he never kidnapped them and that his wife is full of… it.
Former NBA superstar Allen Iverson has returned his kids to their mother … and insists he was NEVER holding them hostage in the first place … at least that’s what A.I. claimed in court last week. …
Allen appeared in Fulton County court in Georgia last Wednesday and told the judge his ex-wife had full access to their kids during their stay at the hotel … and therefore he wasn’t doing anything wrong. We’re told Tawanna also testified that she could have picked up the children from Allen but didn’t want to drive 45 minutes to his location.
After A.I.’s testimony, the judge decided the former Philadelphia 76ers star didn’t deserve to be thrown in jail — despite his ex-wife’s request before the hearing.
As I said, I feel for the children here. But at least they are physically safe.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 0
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 26
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)