Jun 18, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
As a parent, I read these stories and I cringe for the children. They are being used as pawns in the parents’ fights.
Yesterday we told you how Allen Iverson’s ex-wife filed court documents that Iverson had kidnapped his children.
Those children are now back with his wife and Iverson told the judge he never kidnapped them and that his wife is full of… it.
Former NBA superstar Allen Iverson has returned his kids to their mother … and insists he was NEVER holding them hostage in the first place … at least that’s what A.I. claimed in court last week. …
Allen appeared in Fulton County court in Georgia last Wednesday and told the judge his ex-wife had full access to their kids during their stay at the hotel … and therefore he wasn’t doing anything wrong. We’re told Tawanna also testified that she could have picked up the children from Allen but didn’t want to drive 45 minutes to his location.
After A.I.’s testimony, the judge decided the former Philadelphia 76ers star didn’t deserve to be thrown in jail — despite his ex-wife’s request before the hearing.
As I said, I feel for the children here. But at least they are physically safe.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 3
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 9
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 17
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90