Jun 18, 2013, 9:54 AM EST
As a parent, I read these stories and I cringe for the children. They are being used as pawns in the parents’ fights.
Yesterday we told you how Allen Iverson’s ex-wife filed court documents that Iverson had kidnapped his children.
Those children are now back with his wife and Iverson told the judge he never kidnapped them and that his wife is full of… it.
Former NBA superstar Allen Iverson has returned his kids to their mother … and insists he was NEVER holding them hostage in the first place … at least that’s what A.I. claimed in court last week. …
Allen appeared in Fulton County court in Georgia last Wednesday and told the judge his ex-wife had full access to their kids during their stay at the hotel … and therefore he wasn’t doing anything wrong. We’re told Tawanna also testified that she could have picked up the children from Allen but didn’t want to drive 45 minutes to his location.
After A.I.’s testimony, the judge decided the former Philadelphia 76ers star didn’t deserve to be thrown in jail — despite his ex-wife’s request before the hearing.
As I said, I feel for the children here. But at least they are physically safe.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0