Jun 17, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo has worked out for the Phoenix Suns. In Phoenix, he said he already worked out for the Orlando Magic and planned to work out for the Cleveland Cavaliers, though it’s not clear where those sessions occurred.
Oladipo is preparing for the NBA Draft in Bowie, Md., which is about 20 minutes outside Washington, D.C. Still, Oladipo won’t workout for the Wizards at the Verizon Center, according to Michael Lee of The Washington Post.
But Oladipo will allow the Wizards to come see him. J. Michael of CSN Washington:
Victor Oladipo declined to visit the Wizards for a workout recently, as CSN Washington first reported June 6, but they’re still going to evaluate him before the June 27 draft.
Oladipo, a 6-3 guard from Indiana, is working out in Bowie, Md. and the Wizards expect to visit him later this week or next, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to CSN.
Perhaps, Oladipo’s reasons for refusing to come to Washington are personal – he had a very complicated relationship with his father while growing up in the D.C. area – or professional – the Wizards already have Bradley Beal at shooting guard – or a combination of both.
It seems to me Oladipo would prefer to be drafted elsewhere, but if the Cavaliers (No. 1) and Magic (No. 2) go other directions, Washington (No. 3) would mean more money than the Suns (No. 5) or any other team drafting lower. If the Wizards covet him enough to jump through this relatively minor hoop, that could indicate to Oladipo that they might not be such a bad fit, after all.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 1
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 7
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6