Jun 17, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
Victor Oladipo has worked out for the Phoenix Suns. In Phoenix, he said he already worked out for the Orlando Magic and planned to work out for the Cleveland Cavaliers, though it’s not clear where those sessions occurred.
Oladipo is preparing for the NBA Draft in Bowie, Md., which is about 20 minutes outside Washington, D.C. Still, Oladipo won’t workout for the Wizards at the Verizon Center, according to Michael Lee of The Washington Post.
But Oladipo will allow the Wizards to come see him. J. Michael of CSN Washington:
Victor Oladipo declined to visit the Wizards for a workout recently, as CSN Washington first reported June 6, but they’re still going to evaluate him before the June 27 draft.
Oladipo, a 6-3 guard from Indiana, is working out in Bowie, Md. and the Wizards expect to visit him later this week or next, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to CSN.
Perhaps, Oladipo’s reasons for refusing to come to Washington are personal – he had a very complicated relationship with his father while growing up in the D.C. area – or professional – the Wizards already have Bradley Beal at shooting guard – or a combination of both.
It seems to me Oladipo would prefer to be drafted elsewhere, but if the Cavaliers (No. 1) and Magic (No. 2) go other directions, Washington (No. 3) would mean more money than the Suns (No. 5) or any other team drafting lower. If the Wizards covet him enough to jump through this relatively minor hoop, that could indicate to Oladipo that they might not be such a bad fit, after all.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 28
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)