Jun 17, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo has worked out for the Phoenix Suns. In Phoenix, he said he already worked out for the Orlando Magic and planned to work out for the Cleveland Cavaliers, though it’s not clear where those sessions occurred.
Oladipo is preparing for the NBA Draft in Bowie, Md., which is about 20 minutes outside Washington, D.C. Still, Oladipo won’t workout for the Wizards at the Verizon Center, according to Michael Lee of The Washington Post.
But Oladipo will allow the Wizards to come see him. J. Michael of CSN Washington:
Victor Oladipo declined to visit the Wizards for a workout recently, as CSN Washington first reported June 6, but they’re still going to evaluate him before the June 27 draft.
Oladipo, a 6-3 guard from Indiana, is working out in Bowie, Md. and the Wizards expect to visit him later this week or next, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to CSN.
Perhaps, Oladipo’s reasons for refusing to come to Washington are personal – he had a very complicated relationship with his father while growing up in the D.C. area – or professional – the Wizards already have Bradley Beal at shooting guard – or a combination of both.
It seems to me Oladipo would prefer to be drafted elsewhere, but if the Cavaliers (No. 1) and Magic (No. 2) go other directions, Washington (No. 3) would mean more money than the Suns (No. 5) or any other team drafting lower. If the Wizards covet him enough to jump through this relatively minor hoop, that could indicate to Oladipo that they might not be such a bad fit, after all.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82