Jun 17, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
The book is obviously still out on what kind of owner Vivek Ranadive will be for the Kings, but we do know this: The man is willing to write some nice sized checks.
He got Pete D’Alessandro away from Denver as a general manager because he was willing to write a bigger check than the Kroenke family. Now it looks like he could be giving his new GM some consulting help.
The Kings have offered Hall of Fame player and former league GM Chris Mullin a consulting job, reports the Sacramento Bee.
The Kings have offered Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame player and former Golden State Warriors executive Chris Mullin a role as a consultant, The Bee learned Sunday.
Sources said Mullin likely will accept. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the offer.
This is another Golden State connection for Radadive (who was a minority Warriors owner but had to sell that share to buy the Kings) — Mullin was the lead executive with Golden State under their old ownership for five years. He was eventually pushed out in a power struggle with Don Nelson.
The Kings have already hired Mike Malone as coach, the former Warriors assistant.
The Kings have some nice pieces but a lot of questions this summer, such as what to do with Tyreke Evans? And how can they get the most out of the talented but up and down DeMarcus Cousins? D’Alessandro was reportedly very confident in his plans during his interview, that is why he has the job. Now he may have a quality consultant to bounce things off of as well.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48