Jun 17, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
So the Clippers are moving forward — they are going to bring in Brian Shaw for a second interview in the next 48 hours, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
While the Rivers drama plays out on one track, it’s Shaw and Lionel Hollins on the other.
Shaw was reportedly the preference of management but Hollins came in and crushed the interview process, according to reports.
The Rivers deal feels very stalled out — I still think Rivers, Garnett and Pierce will be back in Boston next season for one more run. But everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first move. If GM Danny Ainge doesn’t let Rivers out of his contract and doesn’t buyout Pierce, expect KG to come back as well. Ainge can make this happen if he wants to.
With all that in the background, the Clippers are not waiting around to see what the Celtics decide.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 4
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 3
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10