Jun 17, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
So the Clippers are moving forward — they are going to bring in Brian Shaw for a second interview in the next 48 hours, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
While the Rivers drama plays out on one track, it’s Shaw and Lionel Hollins on the other.
Timing unclear, but former Memphis coach Lionel Hollins is not expected to do a 2nd interview. Two-man race independent of Rivers situation.—
Sam Amick (@sam_amick) June 16, 2013
Shaw was reportedly the preference of management but Hollins came in and crushed the interview process, according to reports.
The Rivers deal feels very stalled out — I still think Rivers, Garnett and Pierce will be back in Boston next season for one more run. But everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first move. If GM Danny Ainge doesn’t let Rivers out of his contract and doesn’t buyout Pierce, expect KG to come back as well. Ainge can make this happen if he wants to.
With all that in the background, the Clippers are not waiting around to see what the Celtics decide.
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 0
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 31
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 26
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 36