Jun 17, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
So the Clippers are moving forward — they are going to bring in Brian Shaw for a second interview in the next 48 hours, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
While the Rivers drama plays out on one track, it’s Shaw and Lionel Hollins on the other.
Shaw was reportedly the preference of management but Hollins came in and crushed the interview process, according to reports.
The Rivers deal feels very stalled out — I still think Rivers, Garnett and Pierce will be back in Boston next season for one more run. But everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first move. If GM Danny Ainge doesn’t let Rivers out of his contract and doesn’t buyout Pierce, expect KG to come back as well. Ainge can make this happen if he wants to.
With all that in the background, the Clippers are not waiting around to see what the Celtics decide.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10