Jun 17, 2013, 10:21 AM EST
So the Clippers are moving forward — they are going to bring in Brian Shaw for a second interview in the next 48 hours, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
While the Rivers drama plays out on one track, it’s Shaw and Lionel Hollins on the other.
Timing unclear, but former Memphis coach Lionel Hollins is not expected to do a 2nd interview. Two-man race independent of Rivers situation.—
Sam Amick (@sam_amick) June 16, 2013
Shaw was reportedly the preference of management but Hollins came in and crushed the interview process, according to reports.
The Rivers deal feels very stalled out — I still think Rivers, Garnett and Pierce will be back in Boston next season for one more run. But everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first move. If GM Danny Ainge doesn’t let Rivers out of his contract and doesn’t buyout Pierce, expect KG to come back as well. Ainge can make this happen if he wants to.
With all that in the background, the Clippers are not waiting around to see what the Celtics decide.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)