Jun 17, 2013, 10:21 AM EST
So the Clippers are moving forward — they are going to bring in Brian Shaw for a second interview in the next 48 hours, reports Sam Amick of the USA Today.
While the Rivers drama plays out on one track, it’s Shaw and Lionel Hollins on the other.
Shaw was reportedly the preference of management but Hollins came in and crushed the interview process, according to reports.
The Rivers deal feels very stalled out — I still think Rivers, Garnett and Pierce will be back in Boston next season for one more run. But everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first move. If GM Danny Ainge doesn’t let Rivers out of his contract and doesn’t buyout Pierce, expect KG to come back as well. Ainge can make this happen if he wants to.
With all that in the background, the Clippers are not waiting around to see what the Celtics decide.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 7
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16