Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those

Jun 17, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT

Dwight Howard, Metta World Peace AP

Metta World Peace was in rare form today.

He was on Sportsradio 610 in Houston — and let me say as a guy who has done a fair amount of radio spots with some quality hosts there, the buzz is all about Dwight Howard coming to the Rockets. If they are talking hoops, they are talking Howard.

So you know what they asked World Peace, and his response was… vintage. Via Howard Chen at CSNHouston.com.

When asked about the Lakers center who is about to be a free agent, World Peace said, “Well, he’s not going to Houston, I tell you that.

“You know how those horses have those little things, ties in a bullfight, you tie those things to their balls and they go crazy? I’ve got two of those tied to Dwight Howard’s testicles, so he can’t move.”

After massive laughter, Sportsradio 610’s Mike Meltser asked, “So you think Dwight is definitely staying in LA?”

“He can’t move,” World Peace answered. “If he does, it’ll be painful. So he can’t go nowhere.”

Later, MWP was a little more serious.

“I’m not going to try to convince him,” World Peace said. “But definitely, I enjoy him, no question about it. I’ll leave the convincing to the organization and to the fans. But for myself, I’m just working out and things like that, but I definitely enjoy him. He’s a great person. Whoever receives Dwight Howard, they’ll really enjoy their time with him. Hopefully, it’s with the Lakers, but whoever receives him will really enjoy their time.”

Dwight Howard becomes a free agent on July 1 and the incumbent Lakers and Rockets are considered by most the two favorites to get his services (take those Clippers rumors with a grain of salt, that is that the Clips are considering offering it, that is different than the Lakers going for it).

Latest Posts
  1. Nigeria beats Angola to win AfroBasket, qualify for Rio Olympics

Aug 30, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT

Olympics Day 10 - Basketball Getty Images

Al-Farouq Aminu is headed back to the Olympics.

2. Sneaky good summer move: Spurs trade for Ray McCallum

Aug 30, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT

Sacramento Kings v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

We’ll all look back at the McCallum trade and say “it’s the Spurs doing Spurs things again.”

3. Report: Heat want to take long look at young guards before trading Mario Chalmers

Aug 30, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT

Mario Chalmers AP

Can Johnson take on the backup point guard role if Chalmers was moved?

4. Gov. Scott Walker defends $250 million Milwaukee arena deal as “fiscally responsible”

Aug 30, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT

Scott Walker AP

“You’re talking about being a fiscally responsible person, I am. That’s precisely why I did this.” —Scott Walker

5. Hornets’ coach says rookie Frank Kaminsky needs to add strength

Aug 30, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT

2015 NBA Rookie Photo Shoot Getty Images

He may start at the four for Charlotte this year.

6. Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season

Aug 29, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT

Anthony Davis Anthony Davis

If he develops a consistent three-point shot, it’s over.

Top 10 NBA Player Searches