Jun 17, 2013, 8:54 PM EST
Metta World Peace was in rare form today.
He was on Sportsradio 610 in Houston — and let me say as a guy who has done a fair amount of radio spots with some quality hosts there, the buzz is all about Dwight Howard coming to the Rockets. If they are talking hoops, they are talking Howard.
So you know what they asked World Peace, and his response was… vintage. Via Howard Chen at CSNHouston.com.
When asked about the Lakers center who is about to be a free agent, World Peace said, “Well, he’s not going to Houston, I tell you that.
“You know how those horses have those little things, ties in a bullfight, you tie those things to their balls and they go crazy? I’ve got two of those tied to Dwight Howard’s testicles, so he can’t move.”
After massive laughter, Sportsradio 610’s Mike Meltser asked, “So you think Dwight is definitely staying in LA?”
“He can’t move,” World Peace answered. “If he does, it’ll be painful. So he can’t go nowhere.”
Later, MWP was a little more serious.
“I’m not going to try to convince him,” World Peace said. “But definitely, I enjoy him, no question about it. I’ll leave the convincing to the organization and to the fans. But for myself, I’m just working out and things like that, but I definitely enjoy him. He’s a great person. Whoever receives Dwight Howard, they’ll really enjoy their time with him. Hopefully, it’s with the Lakers, but whoever receives him will really enjoy their time.”
Dwight Howard becomes a free agent on July 1 and the incumbent Lakers and Rockets are considered by most the two favorites to get his services (take those Clippers rumors with a grain of salt, that is that the Clips are considering offering it, that is different than the Lakers going for it).
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 1
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 9
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30