Jun 17, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
Metta World Peace was in rare form today.
He was on Sportsradio 610 in Houston — and let me say as a guy who has done a fair amount of radio spots with some quality hosts there, the buzz is all about Dwight Howard coming to the Rockets. If they are talking hoops, they are talking Howard.
So you know what they asked World Peace, and his response was… vintage. Via Howard Chen at CSNHouston.com.
When asked about the Lakers center who is about to be a free agent, World Peace said, “Well, he’s not going to Houston, I tell you that.
“You know how those horses have those little things, ties in a bullfight, you tie those things to their balls and they go crazy? I’ve got two of those tied to Dwight Howard’s testicles, so he can’t move.”
After massive laughter, Sportsradio 610’s Mike Meltser asked, “So you think Dwight is definitely staying in LA?”
“He can’t move,” World Peace answered. “If he does, it’ll be painful. So he can’t go nowhere.”
Later, MWP was a little more serious.
“I’m not going to try to convince him,” World Peace said. “But definitely, I enjoy him, no question about it. I’ll leave the convincing to the organization and to the fans. But for myself, I’m just working out and things like that, but I definitely enjoy him. He’s a great person. Whoever receives Dwight Howard, they’ll really enjoy their time with him. Hopefully, it’s with the Lakers, but whoever receives him will really enjoy their time.”
Dwight Howard becomes a free agent on July 1 and the incumbent Lakers and Rockets are considered by most the two favorites to get his services (take those Clippers rumors with a grain of salt, that is that the Clips are considering offering it, that is different than the Lakers going for it).
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 15
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9