Jun 17, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz are updating their scoreboard that will sit high above center court at EnergySolutions Arena, and as you might imagine, the team is pretty excited about it.
From the official release:
“Miller Sports Properties today announced plans for a new center court high definition video display system that is seven times larger than its predecessor, includes upper deck corner boards with video and statistics, audio system improvements, and other digital enhancements for EnergySolutions Arena, the 19,911-seat multi-purpose home of the Utah Jazz.
“Utah-based YESCO, an industry leader with LED displays from London to Las Vegas, has been selected to manufacture and install the custom-designed and integrated system, whose primary component weighs about 55,000 pounds. Anthony James Partners served as consultants in the design and procurement of the system. Installation of the new video and sound system is scheduled for completion by October for the 2013-14 Jazz basketball season.
“A new rectangular-shaped, center-hung scoreboard with twin 1080p HD screens is 42-feet-long and 24-feet-high and runs along the length of the court. The 720p HD end screens facing each baseline measure 26-feet-long and 17-feet-high for 2,900 total square feet. By comparison, the current standard-definition 10 x 10 foot boards, installed in 2001, total 400 square feet.”
Check out some of the renders of what it will all look like once complete, and be jealous that you don’t live in Utah to be able to take advantage of this fantastic new in-arena experience.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6