Jun 17, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz are updating their scoreboard that will sit high above center court at EnergySolutions Arena, and as you might imagine, the team is pretty excited about it.
From the official release:
“Miller Sports Properties today announced plans for a new center court high definition video display system that is seven times larger than its predecessor, includes upper deck corner boards with video and statistics, audio system improvements, and other digital enhancements for EnergySolutions Arena, the 19,911-seat multi-purpose home of the Utah Jazz.
“Utah-based YESCO, an industry leader with LED displays from London to Las Vegas, has been selected to manufacture and install the custom-designed and integrated system, whose primary component weighs about 55,000 pounds. Anthony James Partners served as consultants in the design and procurement of the system. Installation of the new video and sound system is scheduled for completion by October for the 2013-14 Jazz basketball season.
“A new rectangular-shaped, center-hung scoreboard with twin 1080p HD screens is 42-feet-long and 24-feet-high and runs along the length of the court. The 720p HD end screens facing each baseline measure 26-feet-long and 17-feet-high for 2,900 total square feet. By comparison, the current standard-definition 10 x 10 foot boards, installed in 2001, total 400 square feet.”
Check out some of the renders of what it will all look like once complete, and be jealous that you don’t live in Utah to be able to take advantage of this fantastic new in-arena experience.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61