Jun 17, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz are updating their scoreboard that will sit high above center court at EnergySolutions Arena, and as you might imagine, the team is pretty excited about it.
From the official release:
“Miller Sports Properties today announced plans for a new center court high definition video display system that is seven times larger than its predecessor, includes upper deck corner boards with video and statistics, audio system improvements, and other digital enhancements for EnergySolutions Arena, the 19,911-seat multi-purpose home of the Utah Jazz.
“Utah-based YESCO, an industry leader with LED displays from London to Las Vegas, has been selected to manufacture and install the custom-designed and integrated system, whose primary component weighs about 55,000 pounds. Anthony James Partners served as consultants in the design and procurement of the system. Installation of the new video and sound system is scheduled for completion by October for the 2013-14 Jazz basketball season.
“A new rectangular-shaped, center-hung scoreboard with twin 1080p HD screens is 42-feet-long and 24-feet-high and runs along the length of the court. The 720p HD end screens facing each baseline measure 26-feet-long and 17-feet-high for 2,900 total square feet. By comparison, the current standard-definition 10 x 10 foot boards, installed in 2001, total 400 square feet.”
Check out some of the renders of what it will all look like once complete, and be jealous that you don’t live in Utah to be able to take advantage of this fantastic new in-arena experience.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 5
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43