Jun 17, 2013, 12:07 PM EST
SAN ANTONIO — Danny Green has been on a record-breaking tear with his three-point shooting through the first five games of the Finals, and he’s been a key reason the Spurs are taking a three games to two series lead back to Miami with two chances to close the Heat out.
It isn’t just the 25 makes from three-point distance that have been impressive — it’s the percentages.
Take a look at Green’s shot chart from beyond the arc for the series; it’s as ridiculous as you might imagine.
Green is 25-of-38 from three in the series, good for an insane 65.7 percent. He’s been particularly deadly from left and right above the top of the arc, where 15-of-19 shooting has just killed the Heat from outside.
“Give him credit,” LeBron James said after Game 5. “He’s making some hell of a [tough] shots. He’s also getting some stuff in transition as well. They’re running a lot, and he’s the beneficiary of Tony Parker‘s penetration. And he’s getting some shots, but he’s making them. Give them credit, man. He’s knocking them down. Not many guys have shot the ball this well, especially in the Finals, that I can remember. We do have to do a better job like we did in Game 4 of knowing where the shooters are at all times. He got away from us a few times tonight, and he knocked them down.”
Green has gotten away from the Heat for the majority of the series. And if he’s able to continue to shoot remotely close to this well for even one more game, it may just propel the Spurs to the NBA title.
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 4
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 7
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)