Jun 17, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
The next time the Bulls play a game Derrick Rose will be suited up and playing.
Hopefully by a couple games into next season we can all move past the “why didn’t he play last season?” crap.
But for now the issue keeps coming up in Chicago.
It came up again recently when Bulls legend Scottie Pippen told ESPNChicago.com he doesn’t get the attacks on Rose and the criticism of him in general.
“I was kind of surprised people turned on him knowing the difficulty of Derrick’s injury,” Pippen said at Nike’s basketball pro-am at Whitney Young High School on Saturday. “No one can justify what he’s going through. No one can make his decision as to when to get back on the basketball court. I thought he took a little bit of a hit for it.
“As a player that has played this game, I know at the end of the day I’ve had numerous amount of surgeries, and the doctors released me at numerous amount of times to go and play. But a lot of those times didn’t mean go and play against the best in the world right now, but to get yourself ready to compete again. Sometimes as a player, you’re not there yet. The doctor can tell you the headache is gone, but he don’t totally know that it is gone unless he can get in your head.”
To sum up, only Rose knew when Rose was ready.
Pippen said he understands fans can be impatient and want to win now, but said players have to know and listen to their bodies.
There is no point to rehashing his decision again. Rose will return next season and in no time Chicago fans will be cheering him full throat and dreaming of an NBA Finals return. And we will all be past this.
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 0
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 4
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 13
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 40
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6