Jun 17, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
The next time the Bulls play a game Derrick Rose will be suited up and playing.
Hopefully by a couple games into next season we can all move past the “why didn’t he play last season?” crap.
But for now the issue keeps coming up in Chicago.
It came up again recently when Bulls legend Scottie Pippen told ESPNChicago.com he doesn’t get the attacks on Rose and the criticism of him in general.
“I was kind of surprised people turned on him knowing the difficulty of Derrick’s injury,” Pippen said at Nike’s basketball pro-am at Whitney Young High School on Saturday. “No one can justify what he’s going through. No one can make his decision as to when to get back on the basketball court. I thought he took a little bit of a hit for it.
“As a player that has played this game, I know at the end of the day I’ve had numerous amount of surgeries, and the doctors released me at numerous amount of times to go and play. But a lot of those times didn’t mean go and play against the best in the world right now, but to get yourself ready to compete again. Sometimes as a player, you’re not there yet. The doctor can tell you the headache is gone, but he don’t totally know that it is gone unless he can get in your head.”
To sum up, only Rose knew when Rose was ready.
Pippen said he understands fans can be impatient and want to win now, but said players have to know and listen to their bodies.
There is no point to rehashing his decision again. Rose will return next season and in no time Chicago fans will be cheering him full throat and dreaming of an NBA Finals return. And we will all be past this.
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 0
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15