Jun 17, 2013, 1:22 PM EST
This was expected to happen, but now it’s become official.
Ellis averaged 19.2 points and 6 assists for the Bucks last year. He is a volume shooter — he shot just 41.6 percent overall and 28.7 percent from three. He’s a playmaker who likes the ball in his hands but does not score efficiently.
He is seeking the security of a longer deal at age 27 (28 next season). There are reports he turned down a big two year extension from the Bucks, but I’d take that one with a grain of salt.
He’s going to be an interesting test of the new CBA. My guess is under the old system he might have gotten four years at around $10 million a year, but with the stiffer taxes and limits on spending over the cap in the new CBA, and with more front offices going to the analytics that shy away from volume scorers, it will be interesting to see what offers come his way now. And from whom.
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 0
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 22
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 55
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 33
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 37
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (55)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (42)