Jun 16, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
This really doesn’t impact the Spurs on the court in the Finals, but it will sadden the basketball fans of Australia.
Spurs reserve guard Patty Mills — best known in this series for his enthusiastic towel waving — is out for the remainder of the postseason after having surgery on his foot, the team announced on Sunday.
According to the team, Mills had an infection in his right foot that developed into an abscess between his fourth and fifth toes. The abscess was removed during a short outpatient surgery on Friday afternoon.
Mills is deep on the Spurs bench, having played 31 minutes throughout the playoffs. He appeared in the garbage time of two NBA Finals games for a total of 13:26, in which time he scored four points. Like I said before, mostly Mills is about the towel waving.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 26