Jun 16, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
This really doesn’t impact the Spurs on the court in the Finals, but it will sadden the basketball fans of Australia.
Spurs reserve guard Patty Mills — best known in this series for his enthusiastic towel waving — is out for the remainder of the postseason after having surgery on his foot, the team announced on Sunday.
According to the team, Mills had an infection in his right foot that developed into an abscess between his fourth and fifth toes. The abscess was removed during a short outpatient surgery on Friday afternoon.
Mills is deep on the Spurs bench, having played 31 minutes throughout the playoffs. He appeared in the garbage time of two NBA Finals games for a total of 13:26, in which time he scored four points. Like I said before, mostly Mills is about the towel waving.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30