Jun 16, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
This really doesn’t impact the Spurs on the court in the Finals, but it will sadden the basketball fans of Australia.
Spurs reserve guard Patty Mills — best known in this series for his enthusiastic towel waving — is out for the remainder of the postseason after having surgery on his foot, the team announced on Sunday.
According to the team, Mills had an infection in his right foot that developed into an abscess between his fourth and fifth toes. The abscess was removed during a short outpatient surgery on Friday afternoon.
Mills is deep on the Spurs bench, having played 31 minutes throughout the playoffs. He appeared in the garbage time of two NBA Finals games for a total of 13:26, in which time he scored four points. Like I said before, mostly Mills is about the towel waving.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13