Jun 16, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
This really doesn’t impact the Spurs on the court in the Finals, but it will sadden the basketball fans of Australia.
Spurs reserve guard Patty Mills — best known in this series for his enthusiastic towel waving — is out for the remainder of the postseason after having surgery on his foot, the team announced on Sunday.
According to the team, Mills had an infection in his right foot that developed into an abscess between his fourth and fifth toes. The abscess was removed during a short outpatient surgery on Friday afternoon.
Mills is deep on the Spurs bench, having played 31 minutes throughout the playoffs. He appeared in the garbage time of two NBA Finals games for a total of 13:26, in which time he scored four points. Like I said before, mostly Mills is about the towel waving.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10