Jun 16, 2013, 4:49 PM EST
SAN ANTONIO — In Game 4, the Heat went small starting Mike Miller instead of Udonis Haslem, and it took Gregg Popovich all of 47 seconds to adjust, pulling Tiago Splitter for Gary Neal. Then in the second half Boris Diaw started, a guy who because of his size and style of play lets the Spurs kind of play big and small at the same time.
So who starts for Game 5?
The usual suspects… but that could change Popovich said at shootaround, reports Matt Moore at CBSSports.com.
It would be a Popovich move to essentially look at that small lineup of the Heat and try to pound the smaller Heat. But don’t be shocked is we see Diaw or Neal early. Very early.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 7
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12