Jun 16, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
SAN ANTONIO — In Game 4, the Heat went small starting Mike Miller instead of Udonis Haslem, and it took Gregg Popovich all of 47 seconds to adjust, pulling Tiago Splitter for Gary Neal. Then in the second half Boris Diaw started, a guy who because of his size and style of play lets the Spurs kind of play big and small at the same time.
So who starts for Game 5?
The usual suspects… but that could change Popovich said at shootaround, reports Matt Moore at CBSSports.com.
It would be a Popovich move to essentially look at that small lineup of the Heat and try to pound the smaller Heat. But don’t be shocked is we see Diaw or Neal early. Very early.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 30
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 25
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 21
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22