Jun 16, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
SAN ANTONIO — In Game 4, the Heat went small starting Mike Miller instead of Udonis Haslem, and it took Gregg Popovich all of 47 seconds to adjust, pulling Tiago Splitter for Gary Neal. Then in the second half Boris Diaw started, a guy who because of his size and style of play lets the Spurs kind of play big and small at the same time.
So who starts for Game 5?
The usual suspects… but that could change Popovich said at shootaround, reports Matt Moore at CBSSports.com.
It would be a Popovich move to essentially look at that small lineup of the Heat and try to pound the smaller Heat. But don’t be shocked is we see Diaw or Neal early. Very early.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20