Jun 14, 2013, 4:35 PM EST
The Knicks drew mocking for having four players who were at least 38 years old before the season began. New York hasn’t exactly set itself up to be a young team next year, but the antiques are mostly gone.
Kurt Thomas was waived. Rasheed Wallace retired. Jason Kidd is coaching the Nets.
But Marcus Camby is clinging to his NBA career.
Camby’s agent Richard Kaplan told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday that the 17-year-veteran is committed to returning next season to be the backup center.
“The game plan is still the same,” Kaplan said. “There’s no reason to believe he won’t be back and won’t take on a greater role next season.”
No reason to believe Camby won’t take a greater role next season? Well, he’s 39 years old, and players that age rarely get more pushed onto their plate.
Here’s the kicker: Camby is under contract for not only next season, but, even though the final year is only partially guaranteed, 2014-15 as well.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Utah would reportedly send Jeremy Evans and Toure’ Murry to Brooklyn
Nov 24, 2014, 9:04 AM EST
Rockets center has missed last two games after plasma therapy on knee
Nov 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Memphis can offer more money than anyone else, but Gasol will have options.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Wes did Gallinari wrong.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:36 AM EST
Few teams have been more of a let down so far this season than Charlotte.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:24 AM EST
Tony Allen has a little playground in his offensive game.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
He is 0-for-13 in the Nets last two games.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
This is funny. Cold, but funny.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
What did you expect him to think?
Nov 23, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Whiteside has put up big numbers for the Iowa Energy.
Nov 23, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Henry has missed four games this season.
Nov 23, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Rose could return Monday.
Nov 23, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Bargnani was close to a return from his hamstring injury.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
The Pelicans are now without two starters.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Combination of a lower price tag and a more diverse overall skill set may explain why.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
When he uses his athleticism to get to the rim good things happen.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
“This is not even the lowest it’s going to get for us.” —LeBron James
Nov 23, 2014, 1:04 AM EST
There was nothing the Utah Jazz could do.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Adam Silver has said it should happen, and Cuban agrees.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Leonard missed time with an eye infection.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 4
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 50
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11