Jun 14, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
SAN ANTONIO — Chris Bosh has been fined $5,000 for violating the league’s anti-flopping rules, the NBA announced on Friday via official release.
The play, seen in the video clip above, occurred with 6:07 remaining in the second quarter of the Heat’s Game 4 win over the Spurs on Thursday, and was every bit deserving of the fine handed down from the league office.
The ridiculousness of the play can be seen best in real time at about the four-second mark, where Bosh simply jumps and extends both arms to the sky after briefly battling Tim Duncan for position inside.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4