Jun 14, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
SAN ANTONIO — Chris Bosh has been fined $5,000 for violating the league’s anti-flopping rules, the NBA announced on Friday via official release.
The play, seen in the video clip above, occurred with 6:07 remaining in the second quarter of the Heat’s Game 4 win over the Spurs on Thursday, and was every bit deserving of the fine handed down from the league office.
The ridiculousness of the play can be seen best in real time at about the four-second mark, where Bosh simply jumps and extends both arms to the sky after briefly battling Tim Duncan for position inside.
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 0
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 6
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 9
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)