Jun 13, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
Ezeli sprained his right knee in the Warriors regular season finale but battled through it for two rounds of the post season, playing 11 minutes a game off the bench behind Andrew Bogut.
But after that sprain surgery was “necessary to reinforce both the medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament in Ezeli’s right knee,” according to a statement by the team.
The surgery will have him out until around Christmas at the earliest and maybe closer to the All-Star break.
Ezeli averaged 2 points and 4 rebounds a game in the regular season, starting 41 contests (until Bogut returned). He’s a key part of their depth and will be missed.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 16
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 30
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 30
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25