Jun 13, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
Ezeli sprained his right knee in the Warriors regular season finale but battled through it for two rounds of the post season, playing 11 minutes a game off the bench behind Andrew Bogut.
But after that sprain surgery was “necessary to reinforce both the medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament in Ezeli’s right knee,” according to a statement by the team.
The surgery will have him out until around Christmas at the earliest and maybe closer to the All-Star break.
Ezeli averaged 2 points and 4 rebounds a game in the regular season, starting 41 contests (until Bogut returned). He’s a key part of their depth and will be missed.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11