Jun 13, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
Ezeli sprained his right knee in the Warriors regular season finale but battled through it for two rounds of the post season, playing 11 minutes a game off the bench behind Andrew Bogut.
But after that sprain surgery was “necessary to reinforce both the medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament in Ezeli’s right knee,” according to a statement by the team.
The surgery will have him out until around Christmas at the earliest and maybe closer to the All-Star break.
Ezeli averaged 2 points and 4 rebounds a game in the regular season, starting 41 contests (until Bogut returned). He’s a key part of their depth and will be missed.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 1
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 7
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 16
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)