Jun 13, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
Ezeli sprained his right knee in the Warriors regular season finale but battled through it for two rounds of the post season, playing 11 minutes a game off the bench behind Andrew Bogut.
But after that sprain surgery was “necessary to reinforce both the medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament in Ezeli’s right knee,” according to a statement by the team.
The surgery will have him out until around Christmas at the earliest and maybe closer to the All-Star break.
Ezeli averaged 2 points and 4 rebounds a game in the regular season, starting 41 contests (until Bogut returned). He’s a key part of their depth and will be missed.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47