Jun 13, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
Ezeli sprained his right knee in the Warriors regular season finale but battled through it for two rounds of the post season, playing 11 minutes a game off the bench behind Andrew Bogut.
But after that sprain surgery was “necessary to reinforce both the medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament in Ezeli’s right knee,” according to a statement by the team.
The surgery will have him out until around Christmas at the earliest and maybe closer to the All-Star break.
Ezeli averaged 2 points and 4 rebounds a game in the regular season, starting 41 contests (until Bogut returned). He’s a key part of their depth and will be missed.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8