Jun 13, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Last summer, then Knicks player Jason Kidd drove his car off the road and hit a pole while driving in the Hamptons. He was charged with driving while intoxicated. From the start he was going to challenge the charges and pled not guilt.
Now Nets head coach Kidd will do that next week, on June 20, when he is due to appear in court, reports the AP.
This is a misdemeanor charge. Even if found guilty it would not impact his ability to coach the Nets next season.
As a star player, some of these kinds of things (and there were few) from Kidd’s past were overlooked because his talent was not easily replaced or replicated on a roster. When you are a coach and the face of the organization things are different. It’s one of the adjustments Kidd will have to get used to.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29