Jun 13, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
Metta World Peace’s post-NBA Finals twitter feed is always some kind of hamburger reference. Seriously.
The Spurs should open a Burger Franchise because it will be the same burger Everytime. The Heat burger changes from game to game.—
Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) June 12, 2013
Why burgers? Because he’s Metta, that’s why.
But he is clearly watching the same games you and I are because in talking with ESPNLosAngeles.com he was talking about the mental toughness of the Spurs compared to the Heat.
“Mentally, the Spurs are strongest right now,” Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace told ESPNLosAngeles.com prior to the Heat’s 113-77 loss to the Spurs on Tuesday. “I think LeBron and (Chris) Bosh, they want it to be given to them. I don’t think they’re taking it upon themselves like a (Michael) Jordan would have done.”
“Chalmers, he wants it,” World Peace said. “He gets it. He’s not as talented as LeBron, but he has more heart. That’s those Derek Fisher type of players. Players that have more heart that are not as talented and play hard.”
The Spurs are relentless in their execution — you can beat them, but they will not beat themselves. The Spurs you saw in the second half of Game 3 will be there in Game 4 (we’ll see if as many three balls fall, but the ball and player movement to create those shots still be there).
The questions are not about the Spurs in Game 4 (save Tony Parker’s hamstring), they are about the Heat — how aggressive will LeBron be? Will anybody else knock down shots? Most importantly, will they bring real defensive intensity?
We all see it. Metta World Peace sees it, too.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 15
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 9
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 2
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 16
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (42)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)