Jun 13, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Metta World Peace’s post-NBA Finals twitter feed is always some kind of hamburger reference. Seriously.
Why burgers? Because he’s Metta, that’s why.
But he is clearly watching the same games you and I are because in talking with ESPNLosAngeles.com he was talking about the mental toughness of the Spurs compared to the Heat.
“Mentally, the Spurs are strongest right now,” Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace told ESPNLosAngeles.com prior to the Heat’s 113-77 loss to the Spurs on Tuesday. “I think LeBron and (Chris) Bosh, they want it to be given to them. I don’t think they’re taking it upon themselves like a (Michael) Jordan would have done.”
“Chalmers, he wants it,” World Peace said. “He gets it. He’s not as talented as LeBron, but he has more heart. That’s those Derek Fisher type of players. Players that have more heart that are not as talented and play hard.”
The Spurs are relentless in their execution — you can beat them, but they will not beat themselves. The Spurs you saw in the second half of Game 3 will be there in Game 4 (we’ll see if as many three balls fall, but the ball and player movement to create those shots still be there).
The questions are not about the Spurs in Game 4 (save Tony Parker’s hamstring), they are about the Heat — how aggressive will LeBron be? Will anybody else knock down shots? Most importantly, will they bring real defensive intensity?
We all see it. Metta World Peace sees it, too.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 8
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7