Jun 13, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Metta World Peace’s post-NBA Finals twitter feed is always some kind of hamburger reference. Seriously.
The Spurs should open a Burger Franchise because it will be the same burger Everytime. The Heat burger changes from game to game.—
Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) June 12, 2013
Why burgers? Because he’s Metta, that’s why.
But he is clearly watching the same games you and I are because in talking with ESPNLosAngeles.com he was talking about the mental toughness of the Spurs compared to the Heat.
“Mentally, the Spurs are strongest right now,” Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace told ESPNLosAngeles.com prior to the Heat’s 113-77 loss to the Spurs on Tuesday. “I think LeBron and (Chris) Bosh, they want it to be given to them. I don’t think they’re taking it upon themselves like a (Michael) Jordan would have done.”
“Chalmers, he wants it,” World Peace said. “He gets it. He’s not as talented as LeBron, but he has more heart. That’s those Derek Fisher type of players. Players that have more heart that are not as talented and play hard.”
The Spurs are relentless in their execution — you can beat them, but they will not beat themselves. The Spurs you saw in the second half of Game 3 will be there in Game 4 (we’ll see if as many three balls fall, but the ball and player movement to create those shots still be there).
The questions are not about the Spurs in Game 4 (save Tony Parker’s hamstring), they are about the Heat — how aggressive will LeBron be? Will anybody else knock down shots? Most importantly, will they bring real defensive intensity?
We all see it. Metta World Peace sees it, too.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 0
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 3
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34