Jun 13, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Metta World Peace’s post-NBA Finals twitter feed is always some kind of hamburger reference. Seriously.
The Spurs should open a Burger Franchise because it will be the same burger Everytime. The Heat burger changes from game to game.—
Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) June 12, 2013
Why burgers? Because he’s Metta, that’s why.
But he is clearly watching the same games you and I are because in talking with ESPNLosAngeles.com he was talking about the mental toughness of the Spurs compared to the Heat.
“Mentally, the Spurs are strongest right now,” Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace told ESPNLosAngeles.com prior to the Heat’s 113-77 loss to the Spurs on Tuesday. “I think LeBron and (Chris) Bosh, they want it to be given to them. I don’t think they’re taking it upon themselves like a (Michael) Jordan would have done.”
“Chalmers, he wants it,” World Peace said. “He gets it. He’s not as talented as LeBron, but he has more heart. That’s those Derek Fisher type of players. Players that have more heart that are not as talented and play hard.”
The Spurs are relentless in their execution — you can beat them, but they will not beat themselves. The Spurs you saw in the second half of Game 3 will be there in Game 4 (we’ll see if as many three balls fall, but the ball and player movement to create those shots still be there).
The questions are not about the Spurs in Game 4 (save Tony Parker’s hamstring), they are about the Heat — how aggressive will LeBron be? Will anybody else knock down shots? Most importantly, will they bring real defensive intensity?
We all see it. Metta World Peace sees it, too.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 8
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 4
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19