Jun 13, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Metta World Peace’s post-NBA Finals twitter feed is always some kind of hamburger reference. Seriously.
Why burgers? Because he’s Metta, that’s why.
But he is clearly watching the same games you and I are because in talking with ESPNLosAngeles.com he was talking about the mental toughness of the Spurs compared to the Heat.
“Mentally, the Spurs are strongest right now,” Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace told ESPNLosAngeles.com prior to the Heat’s 113-77 loss to the Spurs on Tuesday. “I think LeBron and (Chris) Bosh, they want it to be given to them. I don’t think they’re taking it upon themselves like a (Michael) Jordan would have done.”
“Chalmers, he wants it,” World Peace said. “He gets it. He’s not as talented as LeBron, but he has more heart. That’s those Derek Fisher type of players. Players that have more heart that are not as talented and play hard.”
The Spurs are relentless in their execution — you can beat them, but they will not beat themselves. The Spurs you saw in the second half of Game 3 will be there in Game 4 (we’ll see if as many three balls fall, but the ball and player movement to create those shots still be there).
The questions are not about the Spurs in Game 4 (save Tony Parker’s hamstring), they are about the Heat — how aggressive will LeBron be? Will anybody else knock down shots? Most importantly, will they bring real defensive intensity?
We all see it. Metta World Peace sees it, too.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 3
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1