Jimmy Kimmel has some fun with bandwagon Heat fans (VIDEO)

Jun 13, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT

Jimmy Kimmel’s run of NBA comedy bits turned recently to making fun of Heat bandwagon fans and their knowledge of team members like Mu Shu Pork, Lando Calrissian, and Kofi Annan.

This cracked me up, so we’re running it.

By the way, a lot of you will say in the comments Kimmel’s Lie Witness News is staged and fake. He has denied that on twitter. I have some questions and answers. Do I care? Not really, it’s comedy. Does it take some fun editing to make it happen? Probably. Is it possible to fool Heat bandwagon fans or Lakers fans before them? Really, do you need to ask that question?

Hat tip to With Leather for running this.

1. miamatt - Jun 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM

When asked to comment, Lando Calrissian said only, “This deal’s getting worse all the time.”

• chicitybulls - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Then when asked how his meeting with David Stern went about being down 2-1 he said, “He told me he fixed it”.

2. sellahh - Jun 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Staged and fake.
    BTW, Jimmy Kimmel denied it on Twitter? Stunning!

• erckle31 - Jun 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Yeah, because we all know there’s no such thing as a bandwagon/clueless fan.

• fventricle - Jun 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM

especially in Miami, their fans are the best..they even take the pressure off the players by leaving a few minutes early in a close game

• badintent - Jun 14, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Especially after Kimmel had milked the LA street crowd and TV audience for months out of all their bandwagon juices.He only toned it down a wee bit when Kobe came on the show twice. It’s called “sucking up ” for ratings. He even pretended to be a Clipper fan to get some rating juice during swaps.

• tcclark - Jun 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM

It’s clearly not fake. What they do is ask a lot of people these questions and I’m sure some people look at them like “Lando Calrissian? He’s from Star Wars,” but they don’t put that in the video. They only take the stupid ones.

3. nycalldayz - Jun 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Heat fans are the worst fans in the entire NBA. The Heat don’t have true fans, they’re Lebron fans turn Miami Heat fans.

4. apkyletexas - Jun 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM

@2:30 – “a strong man [Lebron] can have a weak vulva”

5. jadaruler - Jun 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM

It could be staged, but I doubt it. I talk to fake Dallas Cowboys fans all the time. People really thought Quincy Carter was still on the roster. He’s been off the team for at least 7 years.

• asimonetti88 - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM

haha Quincy Carter. Now THAT is a name I haven’t heard in a while!

• bigbenh8tr - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM

You can find them anywhere for any team but not if you talk to real fans. A real Cowboys fan like myself knows Quincy Carter was a joke, never should have been drafted out of Georgia in the first place. You will have a hard time naming a player on Dallas in the last 27 years that I can’t name as well as where they went to college, the position they play etc.

You can find targets in every fanbase, just gotta find the bandwagon fans first.

6. yuwannano - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Had this had been ANY other city besides Miami, I would have thought this was fake.

7. cantonbound13 - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Special thanks to MiamiMatt (red hat) taking time to show how big of a fan he really is.
    It’s not just me that finds you bandwagoners to be a joke, the entire country does.
    Hey 72, you should invent a wristband called bandwagon strong & sell it to your fellow bandwagoners!

• miamatt - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Special thanks to CB13 to showing he can troll like nobody’s business. Simply the best!

• cantonbound13 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM

The red hat is a nice touch. I guess hearing yourself on tv made you realize how ridiculous you sound.

8. cantonbound13 - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I guess it’s no secret LeBaby has an injured vulva.

9. djigel - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I think we can admit he wasn’t interviewing rocket scientists – so it was a bit rigged. Still funny though!

10. circuscivics - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM

A bruised Vulva!!! LOL! That had me crying. Not to mention it was a woman answering the question! Some people are so afraid of looking stupid in front of a camera, that they make themselves look stupid trying not to.

11. jt1138 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Oh yeah, because Deerfield Beach is totally Miami…

And asking random people who look like they’ve never seen a basketball games doesn’t mean they’re Heat fans.

12. earpaniac - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

How dumb are you lady? Lol! You would think she of all people would know what a vulva is.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches