Jun 13, 2013, 8:52 PM EST
We told you it might be coming and Erik Spoelstra dodged making the announcement as long as he could, but you have to set your lineups with the officials and the starters have to be named. So we know for sure.
There is some real logic to doing this — they need the shooting and the floor spacing more than they need the little defense and rebounding Haslem brings at this point. This five-man lineup — Mario Chalmers, Dwyane Wade, Mike Miller, LeBron James and Chris Bosh — played 52 minutes together all of the regular season and 22 here in the playoffs, reports Cooper Moorhead of Heat.com. But the lineup also worked, it was +18.5 points per 100 possessions in the playoffs and +22.5 per 100 in the regular season.
But the Spurs are giving up rebounding and that was an issue last game.
But I have long said that the first coach to make a major change in rotation or strategy in a series is the one that knows he is beat and is now throwing anything up to see what works. Every once in a while it does, but it is not a good sign if you are a Heat fan.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Sager will be on the sidelines for Thursday night’s Bulls-Thunder matchup.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:26 PM EST
Bulls guard pledges money to school
Mar 5, 2015, 12:53 PM EST
Warriors guard shows up Bucks
Mar 5, 2015, 12:11 PM EST
Nine players have ended a day leading the NBA in points per game this season
Mar 5, 2015, 11:41 AM EST
Suns wing might be NBA’s best dunker
Mar 5, 2015, 11:04 AM EST
Chris Paul frantically tries to get Jordan’s attention
Mar 5, 2015, 10:28 AM EST
Whiteside posts monster 18-25-4 in win over Lakers
Mar 5, 2015, 9:49 AM EST
Center will reportedly receive two-year contract
Mar 5, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
At least one Spur appears to be peaking
Mar 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He got a flagrant one for this foul.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Jason Smith dancing
Mar 5, 2015, 2:47 AM EST
Westbrook is putting up Jordan numbers.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:10 AM EST
This after the Celtics just smacked the Timberwolves pretty good.
Mar 5, 2015, 12:05 AM EST
Mar 4, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Marc Gasol is a beast.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:38 PM EST
Who was that masked man?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Why didn’t Utah have Rudy Gobert protecting rim?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
What penalty should Frazier receive?
Mar 4, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
Pacers are ganging up on Denver players
Mar 4, 2015, 7:53 PM EST
Sorry, Mark Cuban
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 0
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 25
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6