Jun 13, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
SAN ANTONIO — The Spurs and the Heat are tied 49-49 at halftime of Game 4 of the NBA Finals, and this game has been every bit as exciting as one played at the championship level between the league’s two best teams.
Each team led by as many as 10 points over the first 24 minutes, and the stars are out in a big way thus far.
LeBron James guaranteed he’d be better in Game 4, and while it took him a few minutes to get started, he’s certainly delivered on that promise. James had 11 first quarter points, and got there by being in complete attack mode, literally running up the floor with the ball and then forcing the action with strong drives to the basket. He has 15 points, four rebounds, and two assists at the break.
Dwyane Wade has been just as aggressive as LeBron, and nearly as productive. His drives to the basket and looks from midrange have him with 14 points, four rebounds, three assists, and two steals — as active a performance as we’ve seen from Wade in some time.
The Spurs put together a fast start to the half, and concluded it with a strong finish.
San Antonio started the game on a 15-5 run, thanks to three-pointers from Danny Green and Gary Neal that went down as if this was simply a continuation of Game 3. To end the half, the Spurs put together an 11-2 run over the final 3:03 on the strength of some stellar play from Tony Parker, who finished the half with 15 points on 7-of-12 shooting, to go along with six assists.
In a word, this game has been awesome. LeBron and Wade have delivered, and the Spurs, led by Parker, have made it clear they aren’t going anywhere. It’s anyone’s game as we head to the final 24 minutes.
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 1
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 20
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 1
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 10