Jun 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
That’s not the only reason ratings have been down, but it’s one. Game 3 of the NBA Finals Tuesday night drew just more than 14 million viewers. That’s down about nine percent from a year but falls pretty much in line with the previous games in this series. These rat
Why are ratings down after a couple of years of steadily climbing? Probably a combination of things, starting with the Spurs never being a big draw. You don’t tune in to watch Tim Duncan. Never have. Not like you do other stars. The blowouts don’t help. And the national hatred of all things Heat has subsided somewhat as well (people aren’t tuning in to see them lose in the same numbers).
Ratings tend to climb as a series goes on, we’ll see if that happens with Games 4 and 5.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12