Jun 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
That’s not the only reason ratings have been down, but it’s one. Game 3 of the NBA Finals Tuesday night drew just more than 14 million viewers. That’s down about nine percent from a year but falls pretty much in line with the previous games in this series. These rat
Why are ratings down after a couple of years of steadily climbing? Probably a combination of things, starting with the Spurs never being a big draw. You don’t tune in to watch Tim Duncan. Never have. Not like you do other stars. The blowouts don’t help. And the national hatred of all things Heat has subsided somewhat as well (people aren’t tuning in to see them lose in the same numbers).
Ratings tend to climb as a series goes on, we’ll see if that happens with Games 4 and 5.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47