Jun 13, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
The Nets aren’t going to be able to do much to improve their roster this summer, they need to count on player improvement and guys being coached up. The sense is that when Williams is really on his game — when he’s engaged and focused — the Nets are a much better team. And the idea is Kidd can get that out of him.
So how did D-will respond to the news of Kidd’s hiring? Just like the Nets hoped. And the response from other players around the league was positive, too.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11