Tony Parker tweaks hamstring, his status uncertain for Game 4

Jun 12, 2013, 1:08 AM EDT

Tony Parker AP

As deep as the Spurs are and as good a team as they showed to be in Game 3, Tony Parker is still the key to making their offense work long term.

And he tweaked his hamstring in Game 3 and his status for Game 4 is now up in the air.

“We’ll see,” Parker said in the Spurs locker room. “I felt something on my hamstring so I don’t know, I have no idea. We will do an MRI tomorrow. Hopefully it’s nothing big and it’s just a cramping, or got tight on me. I don’t know, it was just a weird feeling. I just wanted to make sure the doctor said I was okay and then I played two minutes in the fourth quarter and we were up big so Pop didn’t want to take a risk. We will see tomorrow.”

Parker said he wasn’t feeling any pain. He also said there was no pop, he just said several times it felt “weird.” He wasn’t even sure exactly when or how he tweaked it.

When coach Gregg Popovich was asked for an update and if he knew anything, his one-word answer was “no.”

This is the kind of thing that by tomorrow could be gone and Parker is fine, or it could feel worse. For the Spurs sake — and the sake of good basketball — let’s hope it is the former.

1. Sports King of this world - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:17 AM

We need TP. ( I’m not a Spurs fan) This a must. Can’t rely on raining 3 pointers forever.

• savvybynature - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I AM a Spurs fan, and therefore agree one quadrillion percent.

• fatcamper - Jun 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I’m a fan of anybody playing Miami, under the belief that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Therefore I agree one quadrillion percent.

2. pistolpete0903 - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:16 AM

This is Huge….with a capital H.
    TP’s game has been based on his quickness;how much does it play on him?

3. cantonbound13 - Jun 12, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Did Wade injure him? Wouldn’t be the first time.

4. jbeagles23 - Jun 12, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Another cantonbound comment that clearly shows he doesn’t watch the games but just comes on here to talk about them.

5. klownboy - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Parker’s injury may have a bigger impact if he is limited in Game 4. He’s been killing the Heat thus far.

6. Anoesis - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM

An injury to someone like Parker is the only way the Heat come back in this series.

7. RUAHORNH8R - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Here’s to a speedy recovery! TP is crucial to the Spurs, I would have him over any PG in the game!
    Heat have zero chance In this series.. Amazing how elite franchises constantly put together solid products… POp & co. Are one of the best coaching staffs in league history! Spurs are cohesive and fun to watch as a team!
    Coming from a wolves fan that hasn’t seen good ball in 8 years, kudos!

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches