Jun 12, 2013, 1:34 PM EDT
I just had MRI. Result: I suffer from a slight strain to the hamstring. We’ll see tomorrow how I feel, I really hope to play!
So do the Spurs and their fans. It appears there are no tears or anything serious here, which is good news.
Parker went back to the locker room during the third quarter of Game 3 of the NBA Finals and had a doctor look at his hamstring, which Parker described after the game as feeling “weird.” Parker came back out to play a couple of minutes in the fourth quarter, but with the game a blowout Gregg Popovich wisely decided to rest his star point guard.
This is the Finals, expect Parker to go in Game 4 Thursday night.
If he can’t, the Spurs are a deep team that always seems to have guys step up in key spots. That said, doing it against what will undoubtably be a desperate and more energetic Heat defense is another thing. The Heat have backed off their trapping defense this series when Parker has the ball, but if another point guard has the rock Miami will be emboldened on defense.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 0
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10