Jun 12, 2013, 1:34 PM EDT
I just had MRI. Result: I suffer from a slight strain to the hamstring. We’ll see tomorrow how I feel, I really hope to play!
So do the Spurs and their fans. It appears there are no tears or anything serious here, which is good news.
Parker went back to the locker room during the third quarter of Game 3 of the NBA Finals and had a doctor look at his hamstring, which Parker described after the game as feeling “weird.” Parker came back out to play a couple of minutes in the fourth quarter, but with the game a blowout Gregg Popovich wisely decided to rest his star point guard.
This is the Finals, expect Parker to go in Game 4 Thursday night.
If he can’t, the Spurs are a deep team that always seems to have guys step up in key spots. That said, doing it against what will undoubtably be a desperate and more energetic Heat defense is another thing. The Heat have backed off their trapping defense this series when Parker has the ball, but if another point guard has the rock Miami will be emboldened on defense.
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 0
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 7
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 44