Jun 12, 2013, 1:34 PM EDT
I just had MRI. Result: I suffer from a slight strain to the hamstring. We’ll see tomorrow how I feel, I really hope to play!
So do the Spurs and their fans. It appears there are no tears or anything serious here, which is good news.
Parker went back to the locker room during the third quarter of Game 3 of the NBA Finals and had a doctor look at his hamstring, which Parker described after the game as feeling “weird.” Parker came back out to play a couple of minutes in the fourth quarter, but with the game a blowout Gregg Popovich wisely decided to rest his star point guard.
This is the Finals, expect Parker to go in Game 4 Thursday night.
If he can’t, the Spurs are a deep team that always seems to have guys step up in key spots. That said, doing it against what will undoubtably be a desperate and more energetic Heat defense is another thing. The Heat have backed off their trapping defense this series when Parker has the ball, but if another point guard has the rock Miami will be emboldened on defense.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61