Jun 12, 2013, 1:34 PM EDT
I just had MRI. Result: I suffer from a slight strain to the hamstring. We’ll see tomorrow how I feel, I really hope to play!
So do the Spurs and their fans. It appears there are no tears or anything serious here, which is good news.
Parker went back to the locker room during the third quarter of Game 3 of the NBA Finals and had a doctor look at his hamstring, which Parker described after the game as feeling “weird.” Parker came back out to play a couple of minutes in the fourth quarter, but with the game a blowout Gregg Popovich wisely decided to rest his star point guard.
This is the Finals, expect Parker to go in Game 4 Thursday night.
If he can’t, the Spurs are a deep team that always seems to have guys step up in key spots. That said, doing it against what will undoubtably be a desperate and more energetic Heat defense is another thing. The Heat have backed off their trapping defense this series when Parker has the ball, but if another point guard has the rock Miami will be emboldened on defense.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16