Tony Parker says (on Facebook) he has a hamstring strain, hopes to play Thursday

Jun 12, 2013, 1:34 PM EDT

Miami Heat v San Antonio Spurs - Game Three Getty Images

San Antonio’s point guard Tony Parker took to Facebook to announce the results of the MRI on his hamstring. He just did it in French, so here is the Google Translate version of that:

I just had MRI. Result: I suffer from a slight strain to the hamstring. We’ll see tomorrow how I feel, I really hope to play!

So do the Spurs and their fans. It appears there are no tears or anything serious here, which is good news.

Parker went back to the locker room during the third quarter of Game 3 of the NBA Finals and had a doctor look at his hamstring, which Parker described after the game as feeling “weird.” Parker came back out to play a couple of minutes in the fourth quarter, but with the game a blowout Gregg Popovich wisely decided to rest his star point guard.

This is the Finals, expect Parker to go in Game 4 Thursday night.

If he can’t, the Spurs are a deep team that always seems to have guys step up in key spots. That said, doing it against what will undoubtably be a desperate and more energetic Heat defense is another thing. The Heat have backed off their trapping defense this series when Parker has the ball, but if another point guard has the rock Miami will be emboldened on defense.

1. explosionsauce - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Hmmmmm Parker goes out Neal and Green explode…..I’d say Miami are the ones doing the worrying here.

2. simonwelds - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Heat will be desperate… This is going 7 games

• sportsfan18 - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM

To me, game 6 is what will decide this. I think the Heat win game 4 to square it at 2 games a piece.

I have the Spurs winning game 5 to go up 3 games to 2.

If the Spurs win game 6, obviously it’s over.

But, if the Heat win game 6, I think they take game 7 on their floor.

I want the Spurs to win, but if they let it get to a game 7 in Florida, I think they’ll lose…

3. reedme16 - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM

If you talk to a Spurs fan or Heat hater today you would think the Spurs just won game 7. That was a really good response to a blowout loss. It was an extrodinary shooting performance by Neal and later Green. But it’s not like the Spurs have found the blueprint to beat the Heat. Do you really think that the Spurs are going to be able to rely on that type of shooting? Take the hot shooting away and the Spurs stars are playing just as bad as Miami stars. Every run that Mia made was answered with long three pointers by Neal. Really good night but I’m not reading much into it as a Mia fan. When the ridiculous three point shooting stops, how will the Spurs score? Think about that Spurs fans. You played the Warriors…… you know what it means to play against hot shooting. What happens when everything you throw up don’t fall? Series is far from over. …..

And I’m glad the Heat loss by 30 and not by 2! This forces Lebron to go into attack mode. I agree he shouldn’t have to be forced, but for some reason this team needs adversity to succeed. Getting embarrassed by roll players provides that.

And I predicted Parker would either get a hamstring or ankle injury. Always happens when he faces constant pressure

4. 4thquartermagic - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM

“Sacre Bleu!”

5. aboogy123456 - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM

oh no, Parker has been battling injury for what feels like all season. PLEASE don’t let an injury like this ruin or taint the finals

6. 13arod - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM

mami will win anyway even if parker doesn’t miss a game

7. Sports King of this world - Jun 12, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Not news I want to hear. Smh

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches